PDA

View Full Version : Wax on glass vs. Rain x?

Pages : [1] 2

audiguy69
07-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I have been told that cleaning your glass and then putting a coat of was over it is just as good, if not better than using rain x?

Anyone do this?

Thanks as always!

AuAltima3.5
07-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I like rain x on the windsheild. I had used a carnuba based wax a few years back and it made a mess during a rainstorm. I had to stop driving. Since then only rain x on the front.

I do use LSP on all the other glass usually, unless its carnuba.

Dunncsu
07-04-2009, 06:06 PM
i recently put rain x on all of the windows of my wifes car. It worked great for about 2 weeks and at 3 it was like nothing was on them.

How long is Rain x supposed to last?

imported_RZJZA80
07-04-2009, 06:41 PM
rain x is highly overrated IMO, use a sealant, Klasse AIO, or a wax, preferably the Klasse.

David Fermani
07-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Is it me or is sealing your glass just a waste if you`re after any kind of durability? Both RainX & LSPs typically don`t last more than a rain storm on my windshield.

imported_wagonproject
07-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Always just "polished" the glass. Works nice and leaves a nice finish on the glass so to speak.

89gt-stanger
07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I have tried a lot of crazy stuff on glass, and I must say, for the time it works, RainX is God when it comes to window water beading.

The way I do it is to apply it before washing each time. Then when washing, I can remove any excess left over. It is just part of the weekly routine. It is kind of pricey if you do it every week, but with the amount of money yall spend on the specialty products, it should be in your arsenal.

I use it on every single exterior detail I do, and my customers love it.

Harold97
07-05-2009, 05:40 AM
I apply Rain-X about three times a year, and it works great. I use the old kind that gets buffed onto the glass, and have never had a problem with it breaking down, in either the Midwest (sun...) or New England (a few minutes of sun, and all other weather).

Wouldn`t a lot of waxes or sealants have some sort of oils that would then be on your glass?

wfedwar
07-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Acrylic sealants (Klasse, Werkstat) have always worked well for me.

LICamaro85
07-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Zaino Z-2 or Z-5 Works extremely well on my glass. I usually do not use my windshield wipers if I am going over 30 MPH because the water beads and runs off the windshield so fast it is clearer to do that then put the wipers on.

Any type of quality sealant should be like this as well.

What I have noticed is when you put the sealant/wax on buff it in real good and leave it on there for 2-3 times longer then you would normally do on your paint. Do not ask me why this works but for me it makes a night and day difference.

- LI 85

JaCkaL829
07-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I just use Meguiar`s NXT glass cleaner or the Rain-X glass cleaner when I`m cleaning my car. You get nice clean windows and decent beading, but it doesn`t last too long, especially on the windshield.

sixty7mustang22
07-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I really like RainX. Sealants and waxes have never lasted as long as RainX has for me.

wascallyrabbit
07-05-2009, 07:23 PM
i`ve always had good luck with rain-x. last at least 3-4 months on most my cars. seems to wear off faster on my truck than my wifes suv.

kaotikdt
07-05-2009, 07:43 PM
I haven`t use Rain-x but did use wax several years, and I didn`t like the hazy look when driving at night.

Aquapel is guaranteed to last 6 months per application. Works good and nice beeding too.

Infraggable Kru
07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Random question for you guys

I want to apply something on the inside of my headlights so they don`t fog up

Would rainx or FogX be a good idea ( is ti 100% clear ? )