PDA

View Full Version : Grit Guard (otc)

DeanMachine
07-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Anyone know where or who might sell the grit guard over the counter?

Thanks!

Dean

CocheseUGA
07-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I found one at a local auto paint supply shop. You could probably find one by using the Meguiar`s Dealer Locator (use Detailer or Professional Line). That`s about the only use for it for me, because no one it came up with sells the Megs Detailer Line.

citizen arcane
07-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I haven`t done it but have read where others use two 5 gal buckets. The top bucket is drilled out w/ a succession of holes using a wood bit (perhaps 3/4 inch.) Add styrofoam egg crates to the bottom bucket then nestle the two. You may want to try this if you`re a DIYer.

Come to think of it, just egg crates at the bottom of one bucket would prolly work as well. The only reason I haven`t tried it is because I ordered these things at the beginning of my mania.

08xB
07-04-2009, 12:59 PM
The idea of the grit guard is not only to allow the dirt and grime to settle to the bottom of your bucket, but also to keep it there. The criss-cross supports on the bottom of the Grit Guard not only raise the grate from the bottom, but also prevent the water from being disturbed under the grate and thus preventing the dirt from being stirred up by the action of dipping your wash media in the water.

Gabe007
07-06-2009, 01:41 AM
I haven`t done it but have read where others use two 5 gal buckets. The top bucket is drilled out w/ a succession of holes using a wood bit (perhaps 3/4 inch.) Add styrofoam egg crates to the bottom bucket then nestle the two. You may want to try this if you`re a DIYer.

Come to think of it, just egg crates at the bottom of one bucket would prolly work as well. The only reason I haven`t tried it is because I ordered these things at the beginning of my mania.

I did this (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35258) instead...

prix03gt
07-07-2009, 01:47 PM
For $8, I`ll just order one thx :2thumbs: