PDA

View Full Version : Clay advice needed

ajc347
07-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I`m in need of some advice please guys.

I`ve used Sonus Green clay on both my old car (18 months old) prior to selling it and my new car (less than two months old) and have noticed that the clay has not seemed to be doing anything.

I`ve ensured that the car is fully lubed when using the clay and have changed QD`s to see if this made a difference.

There does not seem to be any contamination coming from the car onto the clay. The bar appears to be clean and dried on bugs etc have remained on the car itself.

Do I need a more aggressive clay?

If so, what would you recommend.

Any suggestions would be gratefully reciveved. :)

grungy
07-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Not a pro here, but I typically use the standard AZ Clay Magic on my vehicles with pretty good results (~15 USD).

Dsoto87
07-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Sonus green is an ultra fine clay. Its meant for well maintained cars. It will pick up very light contamination but won`t mar your paint.

Claymagic blue is a good all around otc clay.

Bobby G
07-03-2009, 07:43 PM
The Sonus Ultra-Fine Clay is meant to be a maintenance clay that you can use frequently. If your paint has heavy contamination, you may want to use a medium grade clay to do a deep cleaning. The standard Clay Magic clay bar does not have that much more cut than the Sonus.

If you want to try a really kick-butt clay, try Gliptone:

http://www.autopia.org/auto-parts-accessories/1-15690151-B000F4W4IW-Gliptone_Body_Bar_Spray_and_Clay_System_Step_1.htm l

This is a clay product that is no longer being made in the States, but I can assure you it performs.

SuperBee364
07-03-2009, 07:54 PM
The Sonus Ultra-Fine Clay is meant to be a maintenance clay that you can use frequently. If your paint has heavy contamination, you may want to use a medium grade clay to do a deep cleaning. The standard Clay Magic clay bar does not have that much more cut than the Sonus.

If you want to try a really kick-butt clay, try Gliptone:

http://www.autopia.org/auto-parts-accessories/1-15690151-B000F4W4IW-Gliptone_Body_Bar_Spray_and_Clay_System_Step_1.htm l

This is a clay product that is no longer being made in the States, but I can assure you it performs.

Hmmm. Price is right, too. Cheap, in fact.

GS4_Fiend
07-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I would buy the Meguiars Clay kit only 20 bucks. Comes with 2 clay bars, a MF, and a QD. What a deal!

Dragons4life
07-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I`m in need of some advice please guys.

I`ve used Sonus Green clay on both my old car (18 months old) prior to selling it and my new car (less than two months old) and have noticed that the clay has not seemed to be doing anything.

I`ve ensured that the car is fully lubed when using the clay and have changed QD`s to see if this made a difference.

There does not seem to be any contamination coming from the car onto the clay. The bar appears to be clean and dried on bugs etc have remained on the car itself.

Do I need a more aggressive clay?

If so, what would you recommend.

Any suggestions would be gratefully reciveved. :)

If your canadian you could grab yourself some Riccardo Clay.