PDA

View Full Version : what poorboys products contain silicone?

RedLight_Si
11-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Well the SSRs dont and the Professional Polish doesnt either. I emailed Poorboys about whether Natty`s Blue contained silicone and was told it was a wax. Are all the Poorboys products free of silicone?

Steve

Mad iX
11-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Any reason you want to know?

To my knowledge, all the Poorboys LSPs are not body shop safe.
Not that it matters anyway, and not all silicones are harmful to paint.

RedLight_Si
11-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Any reason you want to know?
Just for peace of mind.

Steve

Brenton
11-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Perhaps their sealants contain Silicone, but the waxes don`t. Body shop safe means more than silicone-free, though. The tire shine and dressings are often filled with silicones and lighter than air, so nasty in paint shops or on touch up days. But natural waxes can also compromise body work, so any wax will do that.
Farecla is a nice body shop safe line that you can buff into a nice shine, but there is no protection.

Coastal Eddie
11-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Farecla is a nice body shop safe line that you can buff into a nice shine, but there is no protection.

PEI do you use Ferecla`s G-Mop pad? Like it?

Poorboy
11-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Perhaps their sealants contain Silicone, but the waxes don`t. Body shop safe means more than silicone-free, though. The tire shine and dressings are often filled with silicones and lighter than air, so nasty in paint shops or on touch up days. But natural waxes can also compromise body work, so any wax will do that.

this is very true and most companies today do not use the oil based silicones that you should be worried about. All of Poorboy`s World products are water based...most are water soluable 100% and the waxes and sealants are 96% water soluable. Body shops typically won`t have waxes or sealants around as freshly painted areas need to out-gas before putting protection on them. We sell our dressings to body shops as they are 100% water soluable, thus body shop safe.

Brenton
11-12-2005, 09:54 AM
PEI do you use Ferecla`s G-Mop pad? Like it?

I do. I find the cut pad works well for white and blue cars with a little oxidization. The polish pad is the finest pad I know, and great for sensitive surfaces. Other than that, I use the Malco/Edge system and a 3M wool pad.

Coastal Eddie
11-12-2005, 10:22 AM
I do. I find the cut pad works well for white and blue cars with a little oxidization. The polish pad is the finest pad I know, and great for sensitive surfaces. Other than that, I use the Malco/Edge system and a 3M wool pad.

I spent some time using Farecla products and liked that system alot as well.
The problem was that it was very hard to get my hands on their products. Only one distributor was handling their stuff, and it was always on the phone and with very bad follow up on their part. Things might have changed around here though and I might look them up again.

Brenton
11-12-2005, 02:49 PM
That`s funny. I`m in a place where only one shop carries Megs because there are hardly any real detailers around. Yet, there are two places with Farecla. I get a 30% discount at a local auto supply store, so I buy it there. Really, I only use the G6 compound and G10 polish. I could go between PB`s PwC or G10 and haven`t decided where I`ll fall. Since Farecla comes from Europe and PB`s from the US, I`m sure Americans find PB`s cheaper. The G10 is mily smooth and chases cutting well.
I only use the G6 compound when I`m cutting a small area and don`t want any dusting at all. SSR dusts, but G6 doesn`t, so when I`m buffing a bumper or headlight or buffing back wet sanding I use it.

I know this thread is about PB`s, but Steve and the gang should be very impressed that I put PB`s and a high quality European line like Farecla side by side.