PDA

View Full Version : ONR for cleaning dash

shadow85
07-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Is ONR good for cleaning your dash? I rarely drive with the windows down so the dash is never excessively dirty. I was thinking of ONR at QD strength for dash cleaning, follow by 303.

02zx9r
07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
some people on here have reported that they use it on interiors, not sure at what strength though.

People that have should chime in with their experiences

AeroCleanse
07-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I used it on the inside of a Hummer H1. I used it at car wash strength.

SuperBee364
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
I used it on the inside of a Hummer H1. I used it at car wash strength.

Same here. It has become my favorite interior cleaner. I just wish Dr. G would make the un-scented variety available again. The unscented ONR left the interior with a "new car" smell.

Macruz19
07-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I have not tried ONR inside, but the closest thing I cleaned inside my car with ONR is my door jambs. Great stuff.

imported_sal329
07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I have used it both wash strength and QD strength I like it for quick wipedowns

Less
07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Jesus!!

Is there anything ONR can`t do??

Look, it`s probably been pretty obvious that I`m one of ONR`s biggest detractors. I don`t hate the product, I believe it has it`s place. But it just seems like every time I sign on to Autopia there is someone else touting yet another off-label use for ONR.

It`s a car wash! No, it`s a Quick Detailer! No it`s washer fluid! No it`s salad dressing!!

Where does it end?

xjonmo
07-02-2009, 02:25 PM
lol can I use it to wash dishes?

shadow85
07-02-2009, 03:09 PM
lol can I use it to wash dishes?

Mmmmmm, crisp taste of polymers...

So it doesnt streak the dash?

SuperBee364
07-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Jesus!!

Is there anything ONR can`t do??

Look, it`s probably been pretty obvious that I`m one of ONR`s biggest detractors. I don`t hate the product, I believe it has it`s place. But it just seems like every time I sign on to Autopia there is someone else touting yet another off-label use for ONR.

It`s a car wash! No, it`s a Quick Detailer! No it`s washer fluid! No it`s salad dressing!!

Where does it end?

Easy there, big fella. It`s just car soap. Very good car soap. Nothing to raise your blood pressure over, though.

Aren`t you the guy with the "expecting" wife nicknamed "Pregasaurus Rex"? You`re letting her get to you... your posts have been filled with "Jesus!!" type passion a lot lately. Take a deep breath... She`ll be back to normal and you`ll have a new addition that you`ll adore. Get me your address, and I`ll send you some ONR as a baby shower gift... ;)

Hmmm... Salad dressing...

SOCALEXO
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I like adding it to my wash bucket (along with my car wash), leaves a nice finish on the car.

I tried using ONR as a QD but it quickly took away that "smooth, glassy" feel the finish had and gave it a dried, grippy, feel - like the car had never been polished or waxed.

Flashtime
07-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Megs APC 10:1 for deeper cleaning, Megs Natural Shine, or ONR full for light cleaning.

duke4ever
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah seems ONR is super stuff I am like the only person who hasn`t tried it yet! The area I live in has hard water though, VERY hard water, I don`t like to really dilute things too much because it means I`d have to keep a jug of distilled water hanging around or something.

Legacy
07-03-2009, 03:18 PM
I like adding it to my wash bucket (along with my car wash), leaves a nice finish on the car.

I tried using ONR as a QD but it quickly took away that "smooth, glassy" feel the finish had and gave it a dried, grippy, feel - like the car had never been polished or waxed.New ratio for ONR QD is 8ozs. per gallon.

Byk
07-04-2009, 08:26 AM
LOL, it works perfect!

Last time I used it to clean my hardwood floor at home! Made the floor look really good with a touch of shine and not slippery!

I actually used DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss. Awesome stuff!