PDA

View Full Version : Correction on Honda paint polish/aio?

09TSX
06-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey there,

Wondering which of the 3 products will be easiest/simplest to use for a novice on correction minor swirling on Honda paint. I plan to use it with a LC CCS black pad & PC. Do you think the Optimum Poli-seal will correct as well as the others?

Would you guys use a black or blue pad?

Optimum Poli-seal all in one

Meg`s 205

Meg`s 80

then follow up with P21S

SoCalB6
06-30-2009, 12:55 AM
I think your best bet would be M205 w/ a black pad @ speed 6 to try to get some correction, given what you have. Poli-Seal is too mild alone and a black or blue pad won`t help things either.

A good combo would be a polishing pad w/M205 for the soft Honda paint.

SpoiledMan
06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I`m guessing that you`re talking about the paint on a TSX. I`m finding that my `08 Honda paint isn`t near as soft as the paint on my older Honda`s. I haven`t used 205 yet but you might find that it isn`t strong enough. I can polish minor stuff out of my Integra with a PC and FPII. That does NOTHING for my new Odyssey.

09TSX
06-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Firstly, thanks for the info guys. Yes the car is a charcol Acura TSX. If I use the 205 with a white polishing LC CCS pad..will i need to follow up with the 205 on a black or blue pad and then add a LSP protection?

Thx

09TSX
06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry as a newbie I`m not sure which Menzerna product is FPII? The other combo I was thinking of is using PO106FF with a white CCS pad followed by PO85RD on a black pad? Would FPII = PO85RD?

Thx

wannafbody
06-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I`d recommend Menzerna Final Polish 2.

slickwilly
06-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Sorry as a newbie I`m not sure which Menzerna product is FPII? The other combo I was thinking of is using PO106FF with a white CCS pad followed by PO85RD on a black pad? Would FPII = PO85RD?

Thx

FPII is also known as Micro Polish or PO87MC...:2thumbs:

Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, menzerna compound, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

09TSX
07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I`m guessing that you`re talking about the paint on a TSX. I`m finding that my `08 Honda paint isn`t near as soft as the paint on my older Honda`s. I haven`t used 205 yet but you might find that it isn`t strong enough. I can polish minor stuff out of my Integra with a PC and FPII. That does NOTHING for my new Odyssey.

Hi SpoiledMan,

Since FPII has a cut of only 1 have you tried out 85RD (1.5cut) on your "newer" Honda? I am wonder if I should get 85RD instead of FPII for swirl correction on my 09 Acura and vary the pads if I need to.

Also anyone know how hard is it to work with 85RD?. From another post someone said that 85RD leave micro marring on Honda paint and should be gone over with FPII....is this the case with the new 09 Acura`s?

Thanks,

D

Scottwax
07-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Took #105 and a rotary to take the swirls out of an `04 S2000 I did today...

SpoiledMan
07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi SpoiledMan,

Since FPII has a cut of only 1 have you tried out 85RD (1.5cut) on your "newer" Honda? I am wonder if I should get 85RD instead of FPII for swirl correction on my 09 Acura and vary the pads if I need to.

Also anyone know how hard is it to work with 85RD?. From another post someone said that 85RD leave micro marring on Honda paint and should be gone over with FPII....is this the case with the new 09 Acura`s?

Thanks,

D

I`ve not had micro marring issues with 85RD on anything. If the wife gets home in time for me to get decent pics tomorrow, I`ll give it a shot. The hood could use a little polishing.

Scott, something has changed for sure. I`ve seen a few last gen TL`s, Odyssey`s as well as Accords that are harder than the old stuff by a good margin.

Thats Fresh
07-02-2009, 08:17 AM
106FF/white took out most of the swirls out on a 03 Black Pearl Accord on monday. *one step polish. if i had the time, i would have followed up with PO85RD/blue

Less
07-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Here`s some work that I did on a swirled black Honda

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/119215-brand-new-black-cr-v.html

I think that my 3-step polish was overkill. I was just a little over-zealous because it was a brand new car and I really wanted it to look perfect. Also, my wife (aka Pregasaurus Rex) was being a beast so I wanted to hide out in the garage for as long as possible.

The white/M205 combo worked like a charm. I also think I probably could have gotten away with the green/M205 by itself. And the final polish with 106FF and the black pad wasn`t entirely necessary, but I felt it gave the car just a little bit of a boost in gloss. I don`t think that the 106FF/black combo by itself would have been enough to fix the defects that I had.

prix03gt
07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I used Poli-Seal by hand on 2007 Accord Paint and didn`t notice much correction at all. I`m hoping to get a PC soon and try it with an orange pad to see if I get anywhere with it.

SpoiledMan
07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Poli-Seal isn`t going to do much correction on the newer Honda paints.

RaskyR1
07-02-2009, 02:25 PM
M205 is noticeably stronger than both 85RD and FPII when used with the same pads. I would actually put it closer to Nano or SIP in terms of correction. Amount of pressure used and pad selection will vary it`s agressiveness.

Out of what you listed M205 would be my choice.

From my experience on the older Acura`s, the TSX was the softest with the TL and RL being the hardest. It`s night and day working on my TSX vs. my girls RL.