PDA

View Full Version : Maaco Spot Painting

shadow85
06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Has anyone done a spot painting at Maaco? Do they really live up to there advertising on spot painting expertise?

BobD
06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I`d let a kindergartner finger paint my car before I`d let Maaco touch it. There is some RARE occasions when Maaco will have a really good painter/bodyman working for them and turn out good work. But 99.999999% of the jobs I`ve seen come from Maaco has been horrible. They are about quantity and cheap paint jobs not quality. I went to a Maaco once to get a price on doing a hood for me. I asked to see past work and he showed me this Ford Tempo in the lot that was just done and he was bragging about the paint. It looked like they used house paint and a 1" nap roller on it. I could go on and on with Maaco stories but if you`re looking for a quality job I`d suggest keep looking.

shadow85
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I have 1 scratch (down to the metal), and 2 scraps. If they are all on the same panel, I would just do a repaint. but they are all on different panels (how convenient). So I am trying to see if there are any quality spot painting out there. Are those mobile services that "come to you" any good or scammy?

Imatk
06-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I think it depends on what type of paint you`re talking about.

If it`s a solid you might be able to get a shop to spot paint it, but if it`s metallic I think it would be very tough to get a good match.

I would suspect any "good" shop wouldn`t do either because if they are good they wouldn`t want to do it as it`s not going to look exactly right unless you do a re-paint.

RaskyR1
06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
RUN! :grinno: