PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion.....

ari.opsahl
06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I am new to the forum, i spend most of my time over on a chevy truck forum, but i have started to get into auto detailing.

I have always been into detailing, i have an orbital buffer and a good set of supplies, but now i have been doing more reading up on all of it and i am just getting lost with the products. I understand the steps and procedures, just not all the products.

Right now i am using Griot`s 4 step polish (my truck`s paint was a mess) and so far its looking great. Anyways, i have always liked Meguiars, Griots, and Mothers. BUT...people have mentioned Zaino, Detail Kings, P21S.....and so on.

I am just looking for your guys opinions on the best (reasonable, not the $60 for a thing of wax) line of products for an enthusiast. Meguires? Griots? I dunnooo ha ha.

Apollo_Auto
06-29-2009, 01:48 PM
If you don`t want to shell out lots of $ for products, I`d check Chemical Guys, InstaFinish and for wax, you can`t beat Collinite, especially for the price.

ari.opsahl
06-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Ok i have done more reading... Would Meguiars (professional line up) or griots be considerd "better"

craigdt
06-29-2009, 01:59 PM
In my opinion, Megs. in addition, they are much more widely used here on the forum so you will have an easier time getting help, tips, etc.

ari.opsahl
06-29-2009, 02:01 PM
So if i had to pick one brand to stay loyal too no one would argue that i wouldnt be perfectly satisfied with Meguiars

imported_detail1
06-29-2009, 02:16 PM
There are so many different types of candy at the corner candy store! U cant buy all of them!

Alot of it has to do with personal preference and money.

For practical purposes, I would buy Meguiar`s or Menzerna`s polishes, a good Collinite wax and maybe a beauty wax if u want to top the Collinite.

U have to read the forums n product reviews before buying items that u wont use!