PDA

View Full Version : Zymöl Vintage... what do you charge?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Apollo_Auto
06-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Hi all! Just received my Vintage (cheers Greg!) in the mail today and was curious... what do you charge for a layer of it?

Apollo_Auto
06-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Bumpity, bump! Anyone??

Mobilejay
06-29-2009, 11:54 AM
IIRC there is a thread on this, or similar asking about charging more for estate waxes. I`m not sure though so don`t quote me on it. Congrats on your purchase

Apollo_Auto
06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
IIRC there is a thread on this, or similar asking about charging more for estate waxes. I`m not sure though so don`t quote me on it. Congrats on your purchase

Cheers Jay, I`ll do another search :)

Mobilejay
06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I just tried as well but couldn`t find anything.

I don`t have Vintage but I charge more for Concours. I add 50 to use that applying by hand.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Don`t know if it`s hogwash or not but I`ve read that upcharging for Vintage is a no-no unless you are a Z certified detailer since it`s refillable and all.

Anyhow... nice buy

Barry Theal
06-29-2009, 07:59 PM
IM not sure what i would up charge considering this stuff is $2100.00 lol I wa thinking about this. How much have i spent on wax just in the last six months? now if they are gonna refill your tub for life. andd your customers are gonna know that they have a 2000.00 dollar wax on there car. this is actually a great investment. I`m curious on the whole refilling process. oh yea jesse you`ll be jerkin real soon!

Apollo_Auto
06-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Don`t know if it`s hogwash or not but I`ve read that upcharging for Vintage is a no-no unless you are a Z certified detailer since it`s refillable and all.

Anyhow... nice buy

Yeah I`ve just heard that too... silly.

IM not sure what i would up charge considering this stuff is $2100.00 lol I wa thinking about this. How much have i spent on wax just in the last six months? now if they are gonna refill your tub for life. andd your customers are gonna know that they have a 2000.00 dollar wax on there car. this is actually a great investment. I`m curious on the whole refilling process. oh yea jesse you`ll be jerkin real soon!

Wohoo! Thanks bud!

efnfast
06-30-2009, 12:42 AM
A local detailer adds on an extra $250 for using it, according to posts I`ve read

baseballlover1
06-30-2009, 08:19 AM
congrats bro! How does it compare with SN and migliore?

Dan

BobD
06-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Why upcharge? I`d be using it up as fast as possible and getting it refilled.

imported_Jakerooni
06-30-2009, 09:05 AM
What`s the Durability of it? If it last longer than most waxes I can see the upcharge for the extra durability. But if it dosen`t add something to the mix outside of saying I have a brand name on the paint I`m not entirely sure an upcharge is warrented especially if it`s free refills for life because it`s really not costing you anything more to put it on. But for that price I just have to assume it does something better than regular $30 waxes.

David Fermani
06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Never good point Jake.

slippy
06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
You can charge whatever you see fit,but unless you are a Zymol licenced detailer i would not fancy your chances of getting your container refilled when it empties.

Apollo_Auto
06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
congrats bro! How does it compare with SN and migliore?

Dan

Very tight beading, but in the sheeting category Primo takes the cake :)

Why upcharge? I`d be using it up as fast as possible and getting it refilled.

OK but would you buy a pot of it and put it on a Fiesta and a Ferrari and charge them the same price? Don`t forget the refills aren`t actually "free". I think it costs about $400 for shipping, admin, etc. so basically the big "Z" is getting your money again...

What`s the Durability of it? If it last longer than most waxes I can see the upcharge for the extra durability. But if it dosen`t add something to the mix outside of saying I have a brand name on the paint I`m not entirely sure an upcharge is warrented especially if it`s free refills for life because it`s really not costing you anything more to put it on. But for that price I just have to assume it does something better than regular $30 waxes.

Not sure about the durability of it, but I`m sure it`s got to be longer than the average wax on the market. I mean other than putting an absurd price tag on it they must have something other than a swanky box to justify the price, no? See above comment to Bob about "free" refills :). Also, don`t forget that there`s millions of people out there that still think a Breitling tells time better than a Casio... these are the people I intend to market with this...

You can charge whatever you see fit,but unless you are a Zymol licenced detailer i would not fancy your chances of getting your container refilled when it empties.

Duly noted, cheers for the head`s up ;) (heard that elsewhere too). BUT, for the money that one could possibly make even at a modest upgrade charge with one 22 oz. pot of the "Z"... Let`s look at it this way: I can wax (rough estimate) 40 cars with one 200ml tub of wax. 1 tub of this stuff=130 cars... I think one could afford to live without refills :).