PDA

View Full Version : Plasma TV

Coastal Eddie
11-11-2005, 09:29 AM
I`ve decided that I need a Plasma TV, and will more than likely get a 42", but need a little advice.

There are so many models, price ranges, options, etc. that when talking to these salesmen I feel like I`m buying a used car.

Can anyone tell me what to look for when buying one of these things? I mean isn`t your picture only going to be as good as the format it`s being broadcast in? And if it`s not a high def broadcast will the picture be as good or hopefully better than that of the 32" Toshiba I`m using now?

The latest pitch I got from a Salesman was that it`s better to use Sattelite (Direct TV) hookups instead of regular digital cable because the signal is better. Obviously he was pushing Direct TV as well, so who knows?

I was going to spend between $2500 and 3k on a 42" LG, but am starting to wonder if the 42" Samsung for around $1800 wouldn`t do the job??

Anyone here using a Plasma I`d appreciate your input. :p

runnerbl
11-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I would go with an LCD over plasma if I were you..JMO though

joe.p
11-11-2005, 10:52 AM
I beleive he suggested satelite because the pic quality exceeds digital cable. i have had cable and satelite and i know until something better comes up its satelite all the way for me imo.

Eddie, one of the members here do highend home theater and audio installation if you need any other help pm and i`ll let you know who to contact :goodluck: