PDA

View Full Version : Poli-Seal Hand Application?

prix03gt
06-28-2009, 06:24 PM
So I tried Poli-Seal for the first time tonight, and I am a little confused. I used a damp foam applicator and worked a small area until the poli-seal hazed over a little. The product seemed to dry very quickly and it caked up on me. I wiped it off with a fresh MF and I got some streaking. Maybe I was using too much? I only used a few small drops, maybe the size of a penny total for a 1 square foot section. So I damped the MF with ONR solution and everything cleared up.

I may have been using too much, but the poli-seal didn`t feel like it was doing much. How much should I be using? Is there a trick to applying this by hand? Is applying it by machine the preferred way?

Thanks

PerroneFord
06-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Why did you use a damp foam applicator? I used Poli-Seal today with a dry applicator and it worked great... as always.

prix03gt
06-28-2009, 08:35 PM
instructions on the bottle say to use a slightly damp applicator, so I did. Dry MF towel seemed to work much better to apply

PerroneFord
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Glad I can`t read!

prix03gt
06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
It tried this again with a dry MF towel and it seemed to work a lot better. I don`t think the applicator was the problem as much as the humidity. When I first tried to apply it the garage door was open and it was a little misty outside. Later I tried it with the door closed and it had cooled off and dried out a little outside. I guess the lesson learned here is it is harder to wax when it is humid outside.

Mobilejay
06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I`ve applied by hand an got streaks before. Now I just use the DA and no streaks

PerroneFord
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Umm, I live in Florida. Humidity this time of year is generally 80-99%. It was over 95% yesterday when I applied Poli-Seal. I got no streaking and no problems.