PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique Rejuv.oil and prest. clean.

95supra
06-27-2009, 12:28 PM
So I decided to test the leatherique rejuv, oil and prest. clean on my Vw passat today since the weather was so good.. sunny and +30 degrees Celsius. Its black leather and has been treated with some meguiars leather stuff earlier.. So I started of by vacuuming and washing the seats with some hot water and a little dash of APC. Then I rubbed a really liberate amount of REJUV. OIL into all the seats.. MY GOD it smells good. :P

Then I let the car sit in the sun for 6 hours with the windows down to bake into the seats per leatherique`s website.

when I came back after 6 hours there was a hazy\ grey finish on the seats and it was VERY Tacky.. could leave big tacky fingerprints on the seats. :P

Then I used a micrifiber cloth and the prest.clean to rubb of the tacky surface.

Was a bit hard to get it off the seats, but abit of elbow grease and I did a good job. Still a little tacky but will go over once more with the prest. clean tomorrow and see if I can get it all..

forgot my camera at first, but Managed to take som picture of the seats 4 hours into the backing and finished product.. will post them up later..

The product IMO.

Getting it applied to the seats was reallly easy, Just used my hands and massaged it into every seam and leathered surface.

Getting it off was a bit more work, but nothing I couldn`t live with..

Look of seats after using both products was absolutely stunning..

smell of seats after process.. PRICELESS

So all in all a very good product..

Just hoping the new leather feeling last`s for a while. :P

GS4_Fiend
06-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Great review!

willtothewong
06-27-2009, 04:43 PM
im on the fence on this product

and i think your review just pushed me to get it

Thats Fresh
06-27-2009, 06:36 PM
just did my interior this week (nappa leather) its looking like the day it rolled out of the factory.

TSC17
06-28-2009, 05:40 AM
When using the Prestine Clean, attach a spray nozzle to the bottle, spray it liberally onto the surface, work it in, and then remove it with a damp towel. Regularly rinse out your towel, and you may need to refresh your bucket halfway through the job because of the amount of nasty stuff you clean off that the Rejuvenator Oil pulled out.

One application of PC should be all you need, so you may not have used enough, didn`t work it in, or weren`t using a damp towel.

Here`s a good tutorial on its usage (I call it good because i wrote it) :) Leatherique How-To (http://www.detailedimage.com/Pro-Detailers/Articles/Leatherique-How-To/)

butchdave
06-28-2009, 06:31 AM
I never did get past the tacky stage the one time I used it. Took the colour out of the volvo seats too. Leatherique blamed it on the seats being recoloured. Strangely enough I`ve not mustered the courage to use it again!

ADOWInc
06-28-2009, 07:19 AM
I have been using the Rejuv oil for a little over a year and love it. I agree, it has a great smell (like a brand new leather jacket). I have a great tip to remove the excess oil very easily. Not sure who here are pro`s vs. just taking care of their own cars, but a steam cleaner does the trick. Instead of the Pristine Clean, I use X-Cel which is private labeled from Matri-x in Cali. I lightly mist it on to the section I am working on, then using my steamer with the triangle brush with a towel wrapped around it, steam clean the leather. This will get all the dirt out of the leather and will easily remove all the oil. Seats come out clean out, soft and supple and smelling great. I then top it off with LeatherMaster Protection Cream. One warning: If your seats are old and worn you need to be careful you don`t further damage the seats.

tom p.
06-28-2009, 07:26 AM
If you`re looking for results, and you can spend the time to do it right, Leatherique is without peer.

yo2tup
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
just used both RO and PC, and I totally agree.

I thought my leather seats were getting shiny from wear- jeans rubbing against the material every time I get in an out of the car. Lexol get some dirt out but did nothing for this shine and creases. RO and PC got even more dirt out and the shine is gone, and wrinkles unnoticable! Looks brand new now, great stuff!

steelwind101
06-28-2009, 02:06 PM
So I decided to test the leatherique rejuv, oil and prest. clean on my Vw passat today since the weather was so good.. sunny and +30 degrees Celsius. Its black leather and has been treated with some meguiars leather stuff earlier.. So I started of by vacuuming and washing the seats with some hot water and a little dash of APC. Then I rubbed a really liberate amount of REJUV. OIL into all the seats.. MY GOD it smells good. :P

Then I let the car sit in the sun for 6 hours with the windows down to bake into the seats per leatherique`s website.

when I came back after 6 hours there was a hazy\ grey finish on the seats and it was VERY Tacky.. could leave big tacky fingerprints on the seats. :P

Then I used a micrifiber cloth and the prest.clean to rubb of the tacky surface.

Was a bit hard to get it off the seats, but abit of elbow grease and I did a good job. Still a little tacky but will go over once more with the prest. clean tomorrow and see if I can get it all..

forgot my camera at first, but Managed to take som picture of the seats 4 hours into the backing and finished product.. will post them up later..

The product IMO.

Getting it applied to the seats was reallly easy, Just used my hands and massaged it into every seam and leathered surface.

Getting it off was a bit more work, but nothing I couldn`t live with..

Look of seats after using both products was absolutely stunning..

smell of seats after process.. PRICELESS

So all in all a very good product..

Just hoping the new leather feeling last`s for a while. :P

How old is your VW? Most VW has fake leather on the seat sides and protected leather on the front. Leatherique cleaner is the only part that really helps on that kind of material.

I suspect thats why you had problems getting it off, it never went anywhere but just say on the protected leather coating?

Quality Leather
06-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I never did get past the tacky stage the one time I used it. Took the colour out of the volvo seats too. Leatherique blamed it on the seats being recoloured. Strangely enough I`ve not mustered the courage to use it again!

Had your seats been refinished?

butchdave
06-29-2009, 03:44 AM
It wasn`t a new car, so I couldn`t swear that they hadn`t been refinished. However the process of trying to remove the tackiness took all the colour out of them - back to white leather. I find it hard to believe that if they had been refinished that they would have had the previous colour stripped out of them. I sold the car (for other reasons) with the seats still slightly tacky, and its replacement doesn`t have leather seats. Which leaves me not knowing if it was the seats or perhaps there was something amiss with the product.

I should add that they were black volvo 740 seats which have fake leather panels so they had always been black.

Quality Leather
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
A mobile tech would not take the coating off down to the bare leather unless there was a reason. If the coating had been rubbed off from use, then that might explain it. Also, a mobile tech at a dealer is only going to do the minimum. They would hit just the spots that needed work not the whole seat. If the coating was coming off in different places, then Leatherique should have had a better excuse than the age old user error.

LoiG37
06-30-2009, 06:04 PM
so would this product be used for your regular" leather conditioning" service or use only when the leather is really worn/dirty and needs a severe restoration?