PDA

View Full Version : Any Zymol users?

Chris Shades
06-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Im wondering if anyone would care to share there input on the use of zymol products. Im intrested in ordering some products from there website but looking to see if its worth the price or not. Also, I notice how there cleaner wax is availible over the counter at autozone etc. . Would cleaner wax be a first step or final step? sorry if this is a stupid questions but I am recently being introduced to all these new types of wax and pro type products . Any info is greatly apreciated.

jswhitley
06-27-2009, 12:20 PM
the zymol cleaner wax u see in auto zone, is made by turtle wax, it really doesnt do the zymol name justice, i use their zymol carbon its made for darker colors, or atleast marketed that way, the carbon will run about 50 a tub, im sure the durability and looks doesn`t even compare to the cleaner wax, and cleaner wax would be right after claying and possibly polishing, the cleaner wax cannot be layered, the reason being the cleaners in the wax would remove previous layers

Chicagoareanew
06-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I`ve tried a lot of their products, and some are ok, and some I`m not too crazy about.

Their cheap wax (creme) is ok. Not good, not great, just ok. The green colored car wash is ok. Their detail spray and liquid carnuba spray are good. Their clay and lube is overpriced, but ok. Their vinyl conditioner is good, the vinyl cleaner is ok if your dash isn`t too dirty. Their glass cleaner and wheel cleaner are horrible, their tire spray and wheel coat are ok.

Basically, I wouldn`t recommend most of their products, just the detail spray and liquid carnuba (which is basically another detailer), and vinyl conditioner.

Accumulator
06-27-2009, 04:02 PM
If I were to use Zymol I`d buy one of their Estate Glaze waxes.

Chris Shades
06-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I may just end up only using the otc paint cleaner as a pre-polishing application.

steelwind101
06-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I may just end up only using the otc paint cleaner as a pre-polishing application.

If your going to polish why do you need to pre polish?!

Its a suprisingly nice product for a one stepper.

AuAltima3.5
06-28-2009, 06:50 AM
I use their leather conditioner. It smell pretty.

Leaves a matte finish that isn`t greasy, and I can get it at Target vs ordering.

ALAN81
06-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I bought there Concours on e bay at a discount and I am pleased with it. Easy on NOT so easy off. Very good durability.

wfedwar
06-28-2009, 01:30 PM
I use their leather conditioner. It smell pretty.

Leaves a matte finish that isn`t greasy, and I can get it at Target vs ordering.

The Zymol leather stuff at Target is Turtle Wax also. Other than name, it is nothing like Zymol`s leather care products.

ta240
06-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I bought there Concours on e bay at a discount and I am pleased with it. Easy on NOT so easy off. Very good durability.

do you really have to apply it with your bare hands?

Have you used Creame? If you have, how does the shine compare?

GoudyL
06-28-2009, 07:17 PM
If your going to polish why do you need to pre polish?!

Its a suprisingly nice product for a one stepper.

From folks I`ve talked to that used the blue Zymol cleaner wax, they felt it gave them the "carnauba experience" in terms of shine, but it was a little bit harder to apply/work with/lost its gloss a little faster (not an issue for garaged cars) than waxes with a more synthetic chemistry. They also liked the smell very much.

As for folks who can`t get over the Zymol`s subcontracting of distribution/production of OTC Zymol products with turtle wax; they should pretend to themselves that those products have been made by some other manufacturer that is more acceptable. IMHO anyone who can`t evaluate a product on the merits is pathetic.

BTW: The leather conditioner which you can get at target is pretty nice, and makes a good follow up to Black Magic 2n1 Leather cleaner/conditioner.

jswhitley
06-28-2009, 07:50 PM
As for folks who can`t get over the Zymol`s subcontracting of distribution/production of OTC Zymol products with turtle wax; they should pretend to themselves that those products have been made by some other manufacturer that is more acceptable. IMHO anyone who can`t evaluate a product on the merits is pathetic.

[/B].

I agree completely about judging on the merits of a product, turtle wax and black magic arent exactly known for their great merits. Why waste money on turtle wax when you could spend a couple extra dollars and get a quality product.

I dont understand why every thread you get on, u criticize people for not using low quality products, do u work at auto zone?

barrym
06-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I have almost full bottles of the `Zymol` cleaner wax and auto wash if anybody wants to evaluate them.

craigdt
06-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Since its a TW product, have you used it Goudy?

I dont understand why every thread you get on, u criticize people for not using low quality products, do u work at auto zone?

I think he said hes a food chemist? But I basically agree with you.

GoudyL
06-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Since its a TW product, have you used it Goudy.

Not for myself, I prefer non-abrasive synthetic waxes. :) But I know folks who`ve used the blue Zymol wax and they seem to like it, especially the tropical smell.