PDA

View Full Version : Help With Unusual Carpeting Situation/Problem

roadster
06-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Hello Folks,

I have an unusual staining that has me stumped and need suggestions to resolve if possible...

I have a 1990 Buick Reatt Coupe. Medium Gray Paint with a lighter gray leather interior and carpeting (carpeting is 20 years old, but in excellent shape-except for the stains). The light gray carpet is getting some staining that I simply can not figure out. A nasty Brown Stain is appearing in spots of different sizes or configurations in areas that Nothing has ever been spilled...Nothing. Looks like coffee stains on steriods. Could I have some glue bleeding through from underneath or from the jute?? I have been somewhat affraid to try to clean with conventional cleaners until I posted here.

Can anyone shed any light please?

imported_Jakerooni
06-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Pics would be best here. Any chance it`s mold growing from the underside and showing through?

roadster
06-26-2009, 07:06 PM
I agree on the pictures....I will try to post some tomorrow. I would have posted pics to begin with, but I am having computer problems and there is an excellent chance that I will NOT be sucessful :( .

I have no idea what this could be, but am fairly sure that it is in no way a mold or mildew problem. Car resides under a carport the majority of the time, and has not been subjected to moisture and or high humidity conditions...thanks for the suggestion however :).

Nic

Cleaning Fool
06-26-2009, 07:57 PM
It`s possible moisture/water is beneath the carpet and is wicking the dirt to the surface, causing the stain. Pull back the carpet and check for moisture/water.

roadster
06-26-2009, 08:15 PM
I have had the carpet pulled in one area that is stained and moisture was not apparent, but what you suggest makes sense....I will take another more intense look-see tomorrow....thanks :)

Actually, when I think of it, anything (such as glue, something in the jute or whatever) would probably need moisture as a vehicle for the stain to get to the surface of the carpet....but what is confusing is as stated before, the car resides under a carport 90% or more of its life.....water leaks has never been a consideration or a worry.....hmmmmmm :( ????

Thanks,

Nic

imported_Larry A
06-27-2009, 08:26 AM
My wifes van has grey carpets and there are also brown spots that wont come out. I think that its something to do with the materal make up of the carpets. The only solution is dye the carpet if you cat find the right shade of grey. There is a company that sells carpet dye in aresol cans called Kem, and they have every shade of grey . The only place to get Kem products is a store that sell body shop supplies and automoble paint.