PDA

View Full Version : Cars you absolutely hate

Pages : [1] 2

efnfast
06-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Do you have/work on any cars you wish you`d never laid eyes on.

For me - black 03 g35 coupe - the paint swirls almost by looking at it, and I can never seem to dry it properly. No matter how hard I try or how fast I move, whenever I wash it i`m left with water streaking/spotting/staining all over the place, and usually need to spend an hour waxing it whenever I was it. Only that car. *sigh*

bwalker25
06-26-2009, 04:17 AM
1994 Mustang (green) convert. Its a very weird paint job on this particular car I do, its a hard single stage paint, but because its a convert. its less to polish! :)

dvc61
06-26-2009, 06:12 AM
mercedes g-WAGENS no easy spots, tons of cracks and crevices, ridges, and trim pieces, vents and bump strips. Hate them!

imported_Jakerooni
06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Any car with that cheap nasty nap carpeting that just won`t release anything no matter how hard you try. The Vibe most of the cheaper Toyo`s The element etc etc etc.. Makes what should be a couple hour project into a full days worth of hard back breaking manual labor in a concentration camp. Who ever came up with that idea and the whole new "Stain proof" fabric that stains by just having the slightest moisture in the air (Ford!!!!) should be shot and then shot again for good measure.

Accumulator
06-26-2009, 09:44 AM
I always feel bad for the pros who have to deal with stupid-soft paint and other tough issues. Makes me glad I only do my own stuff; if something were just awful to detail for any reason, well...I`d simply get rid of it and buy something else.

I`m borderline grouchy about the YukonXL...huge (metallic) black thing that takes forever. My wife was pretty :rolleyes: when I got that beast for a daily dog-hauler, she just knew it`d be a PIA for me. I sometimes think the metallic paint is tougher than straight black would be as inspection is *very* tough...

mercedes g-WAGENS.... Hate them!

Huh, those never really struck me that way and I`ve sometimes considered getting one. I`ll keep your opinion in mind next time I`m tempted!

Got Wax
06-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Not necessarily a car but, when I buy wheels for my own cars; these days I give huge consideration as to how difficult they are to clean.

Andy

Accumulator
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
.. when I buy wheels for my own cars; these days I give huge consideration as to how difficult they are to clean.

Andy

Same here. Having struggled with BBS-style wheels and the Benz ones with all the little holes, I put a huge premium on being able to clean them easily, including the back sides.

AeroCleanse
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
No cars that I hate from a detailing perspective. The longer it takes the more money I make :)

Thats Fresh
06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I`m borderline grouchy about the YukonXL...huge (metallic) black thing that takes forever.

I sometimes think the metallic paint is tougher than straight black would be as inspection is *very* tough...

+1. any XL or long body car takes some time! and yes i agree, metallic paint does take alot more time inspecting as it is very hard to see/check your work

Same here. Having struggled with BBS-style wheels and the Benz ones with all the little holes, I put a huge premium on being able to clean them easily, including the back sides.

took my wheels today (oem 19`s on the M3) and took about a 1hr each. double 5 spoke.

imported_RZJZA80
06-26-2009, 11:07 AM
I hate white cars in general because it`s so time consuming to correct because you can`t see anything without hot, burn your neck lighting. I now charge extra for white cars.

I hate black cars for the exact opposite reason, you can see every little thing. I also charge extra for black cars lol.

salty
06-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Any car with that cheap nasty nap carpeting that just won`t release anything no matter how hard you try. The Vibe most of the cheaper Toyo`s The element etc etc etc.. Makes what should be a couple hour project into a full days worth of hard back breaking manual labor in a concentration camp. Who ever came up with that idea and the whole new "Stain proof" fabric that stains by just having the slightest moisture in the air (Ford!!!!) should be shot and then shot again for good measure.

That sums it up for me. The designers need a good :bat

I have been using a fabric protectant on these seats after they are cleaned. I guess we`ll see if it helps.

howareb
06-26-2009, 12:40 PM
I do not have a particular car that I hate, but there is this textured (I think that it is recycled) plastic material that is in some cars (the last car that I saw it in was a Newer 350Z) that no matter what you do to it, it looks as if you did nothing. I wish that I had a pic to post of it. It drives me crazy.

veiloctane
06-26-2009, 12:48 PM
i hate smart cars and vw bugs

longdx
06-26-2009, 02:33 PM
The Lexus version of the Land Cruiser. Big, lots of nooks and crannys in the interior and usually destroyed by kids.

I do not particularly like these cars (Caliber) but they were surprisingly easy to detail.

Bigpoppa3346
06-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I hate Ford Explorers, not only are they extremely boring vehicles, something about them is just awful to detail. They always seem to take me forever. I`d rather detail an H2 over an Explorer. Most Ford products in general don`t seem to hold up all that well over time.

Surprisingly, I find detailing GM vehicles pretty easy, they just seem to clean up really well.