PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Cockpit over 303, will it cause a problem?

3browns
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I like to treat my dash and other vinyl with 303 but I am wondering if doing it every month is overkill.

Do you think that treating with 303 every 3 months and dusting weekly with 1Z Cockpit would cause any problems or weird reactions?

Would the Cockpit remove the 303 if I just sprayed my MF towel and lightly wiped things down?

Thanks

Michael

a.k.a. Patrick
06-26-2009, 08:06 AM
The 1Z is a light cleaner, and one of the best Ive ever used. It will diminish 303`s ability to protect with each application.

gmblack3
06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree with Patrick.

You can stay with 303 or go with 1Zs Vinyl-Rubber Care & Protectant "Tiefenpfleger"

3browns
06-26-2009, 09:08 AM
I agree with Patrick.

You can stay with 303 or go with 1Zs Vinyl-Rubber Care & Protectant "Tiefenpfleger"

So, dust with Cockpit and then apply "Tiefenpfleger"?

Michael

gmblack3
06-26-2009, 09:32 AM

Michael

I have never done it that way, but no reason why it should not work out fine. Maybe just dust with a slightly water damped MF?

a.k.a. Patrick
06-26-2009, 11:10 AM

Michael

If your changing protectants, you might want to start from scratch and clean the old 303 off.

imported_DetailDan
06-26-2009, 11:39 AM
1z Cockpit Premium protects from heat. "Tiefenpfleger" protects from UV rays and is heat resistant. Car windows nowadays block out the majority of UV rays, but obviously not heat.

3browns
06-26-2009, 03:07 PM
1z Cockpit Premium protects from heat. "Tiefenpfleger" protects from UV rays and is heat resistant. Car windows nowadays block out the majority of UV rays, but obviously not heat.

I know that car windows block UV because my stupid glasses wont get dark in the car.

So that answers the issue of UV damage.

I live in Alaska so heat damage is not a major issue either.

I will stick with 303 on the exterior trim because it looks good and keeps seals soft and supple but i will take a.k.a. Patrick`s advice and scrub off the 303 on the dash and interior vinyl and stick with one product, 1Z Cockpit.

Plus is smells so darn good!

Thanks to all for the informative replies.

Michael