PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun on an 08 G35x

imported_Detailing Technology
06-25-2009, 06:56 PM
This car has 3,400 miles and is garage kept. I have always questioned the value of foaming for vehicle cleanliness. (I see value in safety)

BEFORE:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/detail%20garage/before-foam.jpg

FOAM GUN WITH CG CITRUS WASH & GLOSS

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/detail%20garage/during-foam-1.jpg

FOAM GUN WITH CG CITRUS WASH & GLOSS 5 MINUTES....

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/detail%20garage/during-foam-2.jpg

END RESULT:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/detail%20garage/after-foam-2.jpg

SuperBee364
06-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Surgery recovery or no, I see I need to go do some before and afters of a cannon touchless wash with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash N Gloss to save face here.

Edit: if that was just a foam gun, that`s the problem. You aren`t going to get good results without the power of a pressure washer.

06-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Surgery recovery or no, I see I need to go do some before and afters of a cannon touchless wash with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash N Gloss to save face here.

Edit: if that was just a foam gun, that`s the problem. You aren`t going to get good results without the power of a pressure washer.

Precisely my point.

Citrus Wash and Gloss is a top product.

I think someone with a foam lance should do the same photo shoot.

SuperBee364
06-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Precisely my point.

Citrus Wash and Gloss is a top product.

I think someone with a foam lance should do the same photo shoot.

Here`s one I did just about a year or so ago...http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/104946-oh-brother-here-he-goes-again-lot-s-pics.html

BigAl3
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
some may argue that a foam gun (or cannon), may or may not be beneficial. not everyone uses it to just use as a pre-soak, but also using it while you wash...

06-26-2009, 05:36 AM
I can see foaming just for "entertainment" on a dirty surface. In your head you are thining, "I`m lubricating the surface".

On a cleaner surface, its ONR for me.

ZeusCGP
06-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Just look in the bottom of your bucket after washing with and without using foam.

Brodeurman69
06-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I will say that with an actual foam cannon and pressure washer doing a rinse-pre soak-rinse will eliminate most of if not all contaminates on a properly waxed and maintained paint finish. Foam gun i can see how it wouldn`t do anything without agitation.

dsms
06-26-2009, 02:07 PM
I use a foam cannon through a cam spray pressure washer with CWG all the time. I do not think CWG is strong enough to really break down and REMOVE the dirt pictured in the OP`s photos. I do think however a lot of people have the wrong impression of why we pre-foam cars. The idea is simply to loosen and emulsify the dirt on the surface of the finish, that way when you begin your mechanical wash process very little scrubbing is required to achieve a clean, dirt free finish.

Thats Fresh
06-26-2009, 03:07 PM
The idea is simply to loosen and emulsify the dirt on the surface of the finish, that way when you begin your mechanical wash process very little scrubbing is required to achieve a clean, dirt free finish.

perfectly said. my thoughts exactly.

vroomr4
07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Where`s the foam??? You definitely need to use a pressure washer with a foam gun. And even then you STILL have to mitt the car! The idea is you foam the car, and loose contaminants drip down with the foam. If the car was waxed before, the majority of the dirt would come off. But that looks like exposed paint with no protection, the way the dirt "stained" the car like that. But you still mitt! Now that a lot (not all) of the contaminants dripped down, there is less dirt on the on the car. Therefore less dirt on the mitt when you are wiping it down. Less dirt means less scratches to your paint and wear to the wax. Also just using CG Gloss n Wash on my sister`s car, the wheels were still caked with brake dust. But a simple wet rag wiped it off with ease. Also, I foam, let it drip for 5min, then quick rinse, then foam and mitt right after foaming. Then rinse and dry.

07-26-2009, 04:48 PM
What is the suggested process with a foam lance?

I`ve heard:

Do not rinse off the car, just shoot foam, then rinse.

Pressure wash car first, foam, rinse.

Pressure wash car, foam, rinse, foam, boars hair (seems most logical to me)

Barry Theal
07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I`ll stay old school until I get bored and feeling like shoveling out money for something I wanna try!

Got More Wax
07-29-2009, 07:41 AM
I foam most every car I service - with Foam Cannon! And, if I am performing complete exterior, foam with Dawn. I have multi bottle to attach to my cannon so that I do not need to empty and refill with chem of the day. And, I use the cannon as mentioned, no pre-rinse...foam, rinse, two bucket wash.

I can see using the foam gun for pre-rinse with dawn. But, only after performing a two bucket wash. Just a final attempt to remove previous lsp.

Andy