PDA

View Full Version : Minivan Horror stories?

LikeaRock
11-10-2005, 04:32 PM
My boss and I detailed the interior a Ford Windstar this morning, it was horrible! There was crayon melted everywhere in the back, the carpets hadn`t seen a cleaning since day one, dust everywhere and even cobwebs. One of the kids even decided to use the speaker as a chalk grater (sp). When we pulled the seats out there was years of moldy, gooey crap built up inside the brackets that hold the seats, absolutely discusting! The carpets didn`t come out perfect, but it was a dramatic improvement. The chalk/crayon was the biggest chore, I sepnt about 30 min alone trying to get it all off! The end result was worth the work, but I don`t think I`ll be doing any minivan details independently, lol.

Let`s here your horror stories!

Luster
11-10-2005, 05:04 PM
If I estimate that the job is going to take more than 5-6 hours, I just don`t take the job.

I learned my lesson on a TRASHED SUBURBAN !!!!!

Melted and dried ice cream, old fries, dried coke (looked like a whole can), dog hair, dog urine, various fast food wrappers, and cups, ketchup, mustard, other unknown substances.

Actually, the interior smelled like a** !!!!!

Never again................... :censored:

P.S. ... ... I`d rather TAKE A BEATING than clean that kind of mess... I don`t care how much they are paying me !!!

05SilverTRD
11-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Not quite a minivan, but I detailed my buddys wife`s Lexus RX330. I knew they didn`t keep it too clean, but I was in for a shock. First of all, I think there was more dirt on the inside than the outside, and it was dirty outside. There was a tremendous amount of dirt and dust all in the cracks. The carpets looked horrible. They were dirt and stained. There were french fries all over the place. I also found enough gum in there to make Juicy Fruit jealous.