PDA

View Full Version : Clay Container

shadow85
06-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Just got he meguiars clay with the little jug container. Out of curiosity, do you prefer the clay "box" or this thing?

08xB
06-25-2009, 09:13 AM
I usually divide my clay into thirds, just in case I drop a chunk or what have you. I keep mine in those little travel soap containers from the dollar store. Works good for me.

prix03gt
06-25-2009, 09:51 AM
old pickle jar...

It was free and it is air tight. Only problem is it is glass. I`ll have to wait until one of our plastic condiment jars is empty and use that instead :-)

corrswitch
06-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Just don`t use any container that used to hold food.

I stored some canadian yellow clay(that was used in a detail) in a plastic container that held some sweets (I cleaned it thoroughly afaik) and after about 4 months, the clay developed some black mold-like substance :(

I make sure to spray it wet with detailer spray to keep it moist.

Maybe I stored it incorrectly.

I suspect it might be something picked up from the clay or maybe it was residue from the container.

Next time, I`ll try to keep it in a ziploc bag. Or just throw it out.

BigAl3
06-25-2009, 01:49 PM
you can get those little plastic screw top jars that come with the sample bottles at your local walmart in the beauty section IIRC...

Got Wax
06-25-2009, 05:12 PM
travel bar soap container

Andy

Envious Eric
06-25-2009, 05:32 PM
what wrong with the container it came in??? I actually have 2 full megs clay bars in one, and 2.5 bars in another one...no need to spend money on something when it isnt broken...lol

I also have two full clay magic mild and aggressive bars in the clay magic containers... they come with only one car in them, but two fit easily!