PDA

View Full Version : Kompressor Pads

dan46n2
06-24-2009, 07:22 AM
I bought these Kompressor pads based on positive reviews I read and am very disappointed after trying them out. The first thing I noticed is that the rectangles making up the pad get twisted up leading to an uneven pad surface. You can tell they are not contacting the paint evenly by looking at the polish residue. Also the purple pad induced more scratches on GM hard clear than a wool pad with less cut.

The orange pad was just useless at removing finer scratches, I had to switch to my orange CCS pad to get those out with Menzerna SIP. These pads also made a rotary hop much easier than CCS pads and were terrible at controlling splatter. I never had an issue with splatter using CCS pads. Even the smallest amount of polish would cause these Kompressor pads to sling material.

dsms
06-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I wasnt pleased with them at all either. First off I dislike pads larger that 6.5 inches, generally I stick with 5.5 or 5.75 inch pads because I have full control and have all the foam flat on the surface, as you stated the k-pads dont stay all on the surface. I prefer flat foams, I would like to try the k-pads in 5.5 inches to see how the work then

Got Wax
06-24-2009, 08:32 AM
I looked at them. When someone touts a "Revolutionary Design" that is different from the norm, kinda sends up a red flag for me. Sorry you had a poor experience with the product!

Andy

dan46n2
06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
It`s kind of ironic that they performed completely opposite of what the ads say. One other thing I noticed is that they cheaped out on the velcro, it only has a small amount of it in the center, compared to CCS that has the whole backside with velcro.

As far as the pads conforming to the shape of the panels, I did not notice any difference than other pads either.