PDA

View Full Version : Some Eagle One products

imported_Larry A
06-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Within the last week I tried 4 Eagle One products.A to Z wheel and tire cleaner, Keep Clean spray for wheels , The new Wipe n Shine , and Nano Spray Wax. The A to Z worked as advertised on my car . The wheels were not that bad , but on my daughters car , which never had the wheels cleaned needed a brush and 2 tries to get them clean. Over all a nice product , even the white letters on my tires came out clean without brushing. The Keep Clean is a protectent for wheels and so far after 4 days they are still clean. The Wipe n Shine even though it says that its new, workes very good like it use too , a very nice product . The Nano Spray seems alot like Megs UQW and Aqua Wax . I did have a little streaking but a little extra buffing took care of it . It was 94 degrees , may that didnt help. It did leave a very high gloss with a lot of debt.I think Eagle One products are very good for a otc product, very much like Meguiars and Mothers products, but are a lot cheaper. They were on sale 2 products for $7.00, total cost $14.00 for 4 products.

Polygon
07-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I`ve been interested in the Keep Clean spray as some of my cars have high performance brake pads that dust a lot. My only concern is to make sure it doesn`t have any chemicals in it that might be harmful to certain wheel finishes. Nice to know it`s working though.

GoudyL
07-19-2009, 04:26 PM
The eagle 1 NanoWax is excellent for more beat up car finishes. The E1 nanowheel polish is my goto for protecting polished metal surfaces after using a different polish to clean the metal. .

GlossyTundra
07-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Keep clean is one of the worst products I have ever tried. It is applied by spraying on the wheel and then waiting 15 min to dry. It dry`s to a white film that is sort of tacky. I tried it on chrome wheels and it just dried foggy and streaky.

Use it for target practice IMO

BigAl3
07-19-2009, 09:17 PM
this product has been working great for me and the shine it leaves is right between a matte and high gloss. this along with the AA tire shine dressing gel are two great OTC tire dressings IME and each bottle will last a looong time...

http://eagleone.com/images/products/Tire_Shine_Gel_Trigger.jpg

RobD
07-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Keep clean is one of the worst products I have ever tried. It is applied by spraying on the wheel and then waiting 15 min to dry. It dry`s to a white film that is sort of tacky. I tried it on chrome wheels and it just dried foggy and streaky.

Use it for target practice IMO

I agree. I didn`t like Keep Clean, either. It actually attracted more brake dust and road grime than it repelled it.. the wheels stay cleaner without it. After a rain storm, I could see where the dust/dirt was attacted to the heavily applied areas. In order to get total coverage on an intricate wheel, you have to spray it liberally. Keep Clean did dry fairly clear on my silver painted wheels, but they didn`t look as good as they do when waxed or QD`d.

I know Eagle1 says to spray, let dry and don`t touch the wheel, but doing that leaves too much residue behind. I`m gonna try spraying then whipping to see if that produces better results. Or just spraying it on a MF towel or applicator pad, then apply and let dry.

I`m very disappointed with Keep Clean. I get better results by lightly spraying the wheels with a good QD before I dry them.

mblgjr
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
The Michelin brake dust repellant is THE best brake dust fighter I`ve found.

Kinda hard to find in stores though.

Just spray on/wipe off and you`re done. Quicker/easier than Wheelwax and lasts basically as long, plus it`s so fast to apply who cares...

jDizzle
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
eagleones wipe and shine is a great quick detailer available OTC at a great price.

BigAl3
07-20-2009, 01:05 PM
eagleones wipe and shine is a great quick detailer available OTC at a great price.

big lots has the wipe & shine (as well as some other EO1 products) for $2 IIRC...

XRL
07-20-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree. I didn`t like Keep Clean, either. It actually attracted more brake dust and road grime than it repelled it.. the wheels stay cleaner without it. After a rain storm, I could see where the dust/dirt was attacted to the heavily applied areas. In order to get total coverage on an intricate wheel, you have to spray it liberally. Keep Clean did dry fairly clear on my silver painted wheels, but they didn`t look as good as they do when waxed or QD`d.

I know Eagle1 says to spray, let dry and don`t touch the wheel, but doing that leaves too much residue behind. I`m gonna try spraying then whipping to see if that produces better results. Or just spraying it on a MF towel or applicator pad, then apply and let dry.

I`m very disappointed with Keep Clean. I get better results by lightly spraying the wheels with a good QD before I dry them.

I wasn`t very impressed with the Keep Clean either at first. I too had the issue with it leaving a lot of white residue. I wasn`t too fond of that, but I will say it keeps my wheels super clean. They still spray to very clean after a month or so. It seems like the product works better as time goes on, after a little bit of it has worn off.

So at this point, I`m mildly pleased with it. It works, but it`s not super easy. I`ve never tried Wheel Wax or anything like that, so i can`t compare. I have silver painted wheels as well.

I LOVE the spray Nanowax. I use it as a topped over my carnauba and as a refresher and it really makes the finish on my car look great. It brings out a lot of the flake that tends to get lost in my sealant>carnauba layering.

BigAl3
07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
has anyone tried the EO1 grease free protectant yet?

AuAltima3.5
07-28-2009, 09:46 PM
this product has been working great for me and the shine it leaves is right between a matte and high gloss. this along with the AA tire shine dressing gel are two great OTC tire dressings IME and each bottle will last a looong time...

http://eagleone.com/images/products/Tire_Shine_Gel_Trigger.jpg

Yeah, I bought this in lieu of getting a "boutique" tire shine.

The problem is, on some tires it looks great, but other brands it doesn`t seem to want to bond to the tire, like my Michelin Hydroedge tires. It kinda separates on the surface.

BigAl3
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I bought this in lieu of getting a "boutique" tire shine.

The problem is, on some tires it looks great, but other brands it doesn`t seem to want to bond to the tire, like my Michelin Hydroedge tires. It kinda separates on the surface.

almost any tire dressing is going to act different to different tires, and i haven`t had any problems using it. for example on ribbed tires, after you`ve spread it around, work it in a up & down motion in the same direction as the ribbed tread, etc...

TwoTwo
01-29-2010, 09:01 AM
The eagle 1 NanoWax is excellent for more beat up car finishes. The E1 nanowheel polish is my goto for protecting polished metal surfaces after using a different polish to clean the metal. .

Would you mind explaining what you meant by the NanoWax is better for more beat up car finishes. What about using it on a new car. Does it eat up the clearcoat? Anybody else has experience with Eagle 1 Nanowax?

beastie
01-30-2010, 04:12 AM
A2Z Tire Cleaner has been my go-to when I need some cleaning power which would be maybe once a month. I use FK all purpose cleaner on wheels weekly though.

Nanowax Spray: very good swirl hiding ability, carnauba look. I use this only when my car has accumulated enough swirls to be noticeable. Durability is so-so but it is so easy to use that it`s not really a concern.

Nano Protectant: seemed to be a very good product. Approached Klasse VRLP performance in ability to make faded plastic look brand new again. Only had sample size. I use FK 108, 303 or VRLP otherwise.

WipeNShine is my workhorse QD. Not really a beauty QD but I use it to prime polishing pads or applicators, remove dust and fingerprints and poop. I use FK 425 for beauty.

Tire Shine: I couldn`t wait to get rid of this one because it was oily-feeling, didn`t last and looked so-so. Gave me black oily fingers. AA was much better even on tires.