PDA

View Full Version : HD UNO Total Auto Polish: Breakthrough In DA Polishing Technology

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

imported_admin
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
HD UNO DA Total Auto Polish -- A Breakthrough In DA Polishing Technology

Every once in a while, a new product comes along that sets the bar so high that it establishes a new standard. At High Definition Car Care (HDCC), we believe HD UNO DA Total Auto Polish is such a product. Why? Because it`s the first and only true single liquid, single pad system that cuts, polishes and finishes.

Can a single liquid really cut, polish and finish using only a dual-action polisher? With HD UNO, the answer is YES. Using HD UNO DA, HD UNOPAD and your choice of high performance DA polishers (4.5 AMP or better), HD UNO will cut 2000 grit sanding scratches and polish to a perfectly clear finish on all but the hardest clearcoat paint finishes.

HD UNO DA was designed to work on clear plastic and glass, too! This is possible because the abrasives used are different than any other automotive polish. In fact, they have never been used in the automotive industry before. To create the HDCC line, our chemical engineers looked outside the car care industry for better solutions.

The HD UNO DA polish isn`t the only thing that`s different. We created a special pad that perfectly matches the performance of our polish. By the color alone, you might think our pad is just like all the others, but it`s not. Our orange foam is softer, for a better finish, but it also has the ability to generate enough heat to make HD UNO DA do it`s thing. Plus, we developed a new barrier foam technology (our pad is a sandwich of two foams) that keeps our polish where it belongs... on the face of the pad. As a result, you use (waste) less polish and get more done.

HD CAR CARE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE AWAY 10 FREE SAMPLES OF THE HD UNO DA POLISH AND PAD TO THE FIRST 10 MEMBERS WHO SIGN THIS THREAD.

GIVEAWAY RULES:

- 50 or more posts

- Must own a Porter Cable 7424 XP or Meguiar`s G110 w/ 4.75" backing plate

- Be able to post your results within 10 days of receipt

- Reside in United States (sorry, not yet setup for international shipping)

SAMPLES WILL SHIP THE FIRST FULL WEEK OF JULY

Got questions about HD UNO? Ask them here!

Setec Astronomy
06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Is this product a non-diminishing abrasive? Is the technique the same as for other (new) non-diminishing products, in that pressure is applied to remove defects, and progressively less pressure is used to finish out?

imported_Detailing Technology
06-22-2009, 05:48 PM
1 pad, 1 polish? What are the results based on the various condition of paint?

Long polishing times?

Dust?

nighthawkcoupe
06-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I have a 7424 and would definitely be happy to post my results! Not sure if I will have my 50 posts though:sadwavey:

imported_admin
06-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Is this product a non-diminishing abrasive? Is the technique the same as for other (new) non-diminishing products, in that pressure is applied to remove defects, and progressively less pressure is used to finish out?

Yes. Super sharp, very fine abrasives. Pad speed and pressure are a factor. Learning time is very fast.

Pats300zx
06-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I`m in....send it my way DB...

imported_admin
06-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I have a 7424 and would definitely be happy to post my results! Not sure if I will have my 50 posts though:sadwavey:

Sorry... the original PC 7424 does not generate enough energy (at least not to polish out 2000 grit scratches).

The product will be sold in conjunction with the new PC 7424 XP. Works as designed with:

- Original UDM

- New Griot`s Polisher

- Meguiar`s G110

- Porter Cable 7424 XP

- FLEX 3401

Setec Astronomy
06-22-2009, 05:56 PM
You`d better answer the Flex question, David, you know it`s only seconds away from being asked!

imported_admin
06-22-2009, 06:01 PM
1 pad, 1 polish? What are the results based on the various condition of paint?

Long polishing times?

Dust?

I have worked with the system on everything from totally oxidized single stage paints to freakishly brush scratched new clearcoats. The polish has worked on all surfaces, including rock-freaking-hard Corvette paint, as advertised. Most heavily damaged surfaces will require 2-3 applications to remove all damage.

Please note that "damage" includes up to 1200 grit scratches. If you can feel it with a fingernail, it needs to be sanded first or cut with a rotary.

Open time (work time) is excellent, and among the best I have tried/experienced. Dusting is zero. Wipe off is effortless. In fact, you can go straight to LSP without wiping off the polish residue, if you wish.

nighthawkcoupe
06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Sorry... the original PC 7424 does not generate enough energy (at least not to polish out 2000 grit scratches).

The product will be sold in conjunction with the new PC 7424 XP. Works as designed with:

- Original UDM

- New Griot`s Polisher

- Meguiar`s G110

- Porter Cable 7424 XP

Darn it, just picked up the new UDM, I knew I should have waited for the 7424XP!!

imported_admin
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
You`d better answer the Flex question, David, you know it`s only seconds away from being asked!

I said FLEX, didn`t I :nervous2:

Legacy
06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I said FLEX, didn`t I :nervous2:

No you didn`t, so does a Flex qualify?

nighthawkcoupe
06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
The pad sounds interesting. Out of curiosity, will it be offered in a number of different "cuts," or will HD only be selling this one orange pad for this particular application? Do you think these pads will get "saturated" more easily than say an LC pad? Thanks.

SpoiledMan
06-22-2009, 06:15 PM
David, I`ll buy in if I can test it with a FLEX.

imported_admin
06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
The pad sounds interesting. Out of curiosity, will it be offered in a number of different "cuts," or will HD only be selling this one orange pad for this particular application? Do you think these pads will get "saturated" more easily than say an LC pad? Thanks.

The HD line will have only two pads: UNOPAD and POXYPAD. The POXYPAD is a finishing/LSP pad. It works for jeweling and machine application of your favorite LSP.

If you use HD UNO correctly, you won`t have a saturation issue. You use very little product to get the job done. I wet sanded my Bronco and cut/polished/finished with less than 4 oz. of UNO.

P.S., I`m sure that when pad makers see what we`re using as a barrier foam other pads with different cuts will be produced with the same backing foam. :2thumbs: