PDA

View Full Version : Factory Residue

Dragons4life
06-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Well, here is the thing, my car that has been sitting outside of the dealer for quite sometime before i went and purchased it.. And as a result the wrappings (white tape fro when its shipped from the factory) residue has melted into the paint or merged with it. I have left it alone until now.

So to the point is there a way to remove the merged wrapping residue with hand?

imported_Larry A
06-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I would use deoderized mineral spirits. A bug and tar remover should also work.

Dragons4life
06-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I would use deoderized mineral spirits. A bug and tar remover should also work.

Can you recommend the product names?

BobD
06-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Try Oil-Flo. I doubt the film/residue melted into the paint. These cars sit for 6 months or more in the baking sun some times with the film on it and this never happens. Oil Flo is a great adhesive remover and should fix your troubles.

mini1
06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
The dealer didn`t prep the car before you purchased it?? Bring it back and have them deal with it.

Dragons4life
06-22-2009, 05:15 PM
The dealer didn`t prep the car before you purchased it?? Bring it back and have them deal with it.

Well its over a year and a half now...and i was not there when my dad picked it up. So i guess i can`t do much. However the only i can do now is give it a full wash and clay treatment and polish and seal afterward,.

Dragons4life
06-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Try Oil-Flo. I doubt the film/residue melted into the paint. These cars sit for 6 months or more in the baking sun some times with the film on it and this never happens. Oil Flo is a great adhesive remover and should fix your troubles.

Is the Titan Oil Flo safe for the car?

BobD
06-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Is the Titan Oil Flo safe for the car?

Yes, we use it all of the time for adhesive and pins tripe removal, tar removal and some tree sap.

Accumulator
06-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Can you recommend the product names?

New Car Prep from Automotive International/ValuGard. It`s made specifically for this and was developed with the help of major carmakers.

Link to AutoInt: http://www.autoint.com

Dragons4life
06-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Do they ship to canada if anyone knows..? and which product is worth it to spend the $13-$20 U.S for.

Accumulator
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Sorry, no idea about the shipping to Canada :nixweiss