PDA

View Full Version : Gravity feed for pressure washer?

nawcor
06-21-2009, 05:37 PM
So I have setup my van with two 55 gallon plastic drums to gravity feed for my pressure washer, both drums run into a a single valve then into the hose.

The problem is actually getting the pressure washer to pull water. I can USUALLY get water to pressurize, after letting it run for a few minutes, but the pressure is no where near what it should be...

There is a pretty steady flow of water coming into the washer itself, so I`m thinking

Drums are not high enough and washer needs more flow? I thought the pump would suction the water from the hose anyways... im guessing im wrong.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/nawcor/van/asdsd.jpg

There is a picture of the setup, ignore the mess as it was clean the van day and stuff is thrown everywhere and pulled out at that time :)

Any Suggestions?

*Forgot to mention, the washer is outside of the van at the time its running, so the hose flows downwards.

Barry Theal
06-21-2009, 05:57 PM
turn the drums vertical insted of horizontal if you can. next your trying to pull water out but no air is getting in. air needs to get in. or keep the same set up and unscrew the the top caps. you will see a major difference if i can help you more call me! my number is on my profile and website.

nawcor
06-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes, I also forgot to mention that, I remove the top caps for air flow when I go to use the water. That is my fill point I use for the water...