PDA

View Full Version : Trading samples -is this a good idea?

joe.p
11-09-2005, 12:44 PM
it would be nice to have a page for buying/trading other products from DC members. you can sell some,trade or whatever.

budman3
11-09-2005, 01:01 PM
We had one not too long ago and it became to complicated. I think there were a few deals that went sour and DC didn`t want to be part of any issues or something like that.

joe.p
11-09-2005, 01:16 PM
We had one not too long ago and it became to complicated. I think there were a few deals that went sour and DC didn`t want to be part of any issues or something like that.
i can understand dc and the issues your speaking of, for instance there are guys like you pei etc that i beleive would be reputable. i`ve seen some examples where guys offer up items and all they ask is that the shipping be paid. small sample products would give people a chance to try a product and give others a chance to clean up there inventory and make room for new stuff.

i raised the issue only because i have bought so many products in a short time it would have been nice to get a couple of ounces here or there to try thats all. i would`t be looking to sell my products but would definetly let others in need to try a sample 4 oz`s or whatever not many can always afford them or need so much at once.

cwcad
11-09-2005, 03:40 PM
I have traded items with many members of this forum. Have found all to be honest and reputable.

I would be intersted in sending samples of whatever I have to you, if you were interested. PM me. We can work something out. That is... if I have any products that you would like to try.

tubafeak
11-09-2005, 04:39 PM
That`s how I`ve done my sample swaps, generally how it goes is you see that someone`s saying good things about a product. You shoot them a PM asking if they`d like to trade. You also list what you`d be willing to trade. They`ll PM you back with a yes/no answer and then you ship the stuff. It`s easy and pretty standard.

We did have a trades forum but apparently a few larger deals went sour and Dwayne decided that he didn`t want to have to negotiate anything or hear about it so he did away with the forum. You could try Dbay (www.dbay.com) , I`ve never used it but it seems to be a good way to do things, one of the people on here set it up.

Brenton
11-09-2005, 04:41 PM
It is a cool idea, but not as good over national lines. I have some things I bough by the gallon I`d trade small bottles of, but haven`t thought much about it.

GregCavi
11-09-2005, 04:41 PM
ya as stated above the trading post got taken down becuase of some deals gone south. Dwayne and the mods dont really need extra work policing these types of situations. Keep it private in pm`s. I have had good luck with trading so far.

Greg

Antonio Waxer
11-09-2005, 05:24 PM
ya as stated above the trading post got taken down becuase of some deals gone south. Dwayne and the mods dont really need extra work policing these types of situations. Keep it private in pm`s. I have had good luck with trading so far.

Greg

Exactly :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

this is an openning for spammers to pretend they are just sharing samples when they are actually trying to promote their business here on Detail City.
Our sponsors and owner (Dwayne) have to pay quite a bit of money to provide everyone with a place to discuss detailing and learn about products, but it is not a classified ad forum :cheers:

jaybs02
11-09-2005, 05:40 PM
As mentioned by other people, trading was tried, but it was causing problems when things went wrong, that is way it was decided in best interest, not to have it continue.

Thanks to all for understanding.

And on that note I as closing this thread

"J"