PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Wheel Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

JSFM35X
06-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Its time to order some more wheel cleaner. Before i just re order the same one i have been using though i would ask for feedback.

I want the strongest wheel cleaner than will not damage clear coated rims. I have been using P21S Gel on my wheels for a few years. The one that comes in the gold box.

It does a great job but it is kind of expensive. I have no complaints on how it works and how is makes the rims POP. Just wondering if there is a consensus on a better product or a laess expensive product that is just as strong and SAFE?

Thanks,

Jeff

SuperBee364
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I like the P21S gel, too, but it is a bit pricey. Lately, I`ve been cleaning just about everything with Hi-Temp`s Prep Wash. It works well on pretty much everything I`ve used it on. It`s nasty enough to clean some pretty rough wheels, too. Prep Wash is quite a bit stronger than P21S wheel gel, too.

diabolus
06-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener is safe on clearcoated wheels. I`ve been using it for a couple years with no problems. I have a bottle of P21S too, but that only gets used for aftermarket or non-clearcoated wheels

imported_DetailDan
06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
No reason you should need anything stronger than soap and water to maintain your own wheels.

08xB
06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Chemical Guy`s Sticky Citrus Wheel Cleaner. Dilute it 3:1. Strong enough to cut through most grime, and I use it on high-end rims without a problem so far. Very economical. I put it in a lawn & garden sprayer myself.

BigAl3
06-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener is safe on clearcoated wheels.

yeah, but how often would you need to use it? if you apply some protection to the wheels and then use WB, it would remove it. as D&D Auto Detail mentioned, there on after soapy water should be ample enough to maintain them...

RAZR7
06-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I use the megs` an car brite they work great for me.

Street5927
06-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I started to use Detail King`s Brake Up. It is one of the best that I have used.

Xtreme-Klean
06-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Meguiars APC diluted to 4:1. Works great and safe.

Spray on and let it soak and use a wheel brush. Very affordable from ADS.

ToadWart
06-20-2009, 10:59 PM
onr

kjkhjkhjk

itb76
06-21-2009, 06:02 AM
...I want the strongest wheel cleaner than will not damage clear coated rims...

That would be Megs Wheel Brightener.

No reason you should need anything stronger than soap and water to maintain your own wheels.

I wash wheels with ONR weekly along with the rest of the car, and it does the job, but when I take the wheels off for the season (I run separate winter & summer wheels) I do the whole wheel front & back with Wheel Brightener, then I apply OPS to the wheels & dress the tires. I`m not going to maintain the back side of the rims as well as the front while they`re on the car.

That`s for my road cars, the race car uses Hawk Blue pads and nothing but Wheel Brightener is going to take that dust off.

JSFM35X
06-21-2009, 06:39 AM
I like the P21S gel, too, but it is a bit pricey. Lately, I`ve been cleaning just about everything with Hi-Temp`s Prep Wash. It works well on pretty much everything I`ve used it on. It`s nasty enough to clean some pretty rough wheels, too. Prep Wash is quite a bit stronger than P21S wheel gel, too.

Is it safe on clear coated wheels?

JSFM35X
06-21-2009, 06:40 AM

Normally I would agree, but bc of all the rain i did not get to wash the car for 3 weeks and the wheels weere dirty. I either use a wheel cleaner, or I have to work harder than i care to.

SuperBee364
06-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Is it safe on clear coated wheels?

Yup, it is. And it`s really addicting stuff, once you get passed the smell. It`s one of the strongest cleaners (that isn`t acid based) I`ve used. It`s also cheap enough that if you buy a bottle and don`t like it (doubtful), you`re not out much.

Silicone Remover (http://www.topoftheline.com/silicone-wax-remover.html)

I don`t know why the link and page title says "silicone remover", the name of the Product is "Prep Wash"

Mix it one to one, and it is strong stuff. Use it straight, and I`d put it up against any non-acid wheel cleaner out there.

imported_DetailDan
06-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Normally I would agree, but bc of all the rain i did not get to wash the car for 3 weeks and the wheels weere dirty. I either use a wheel cleaner, or I have to work harder than i care to.

Are you applying a coat of sealant to them? What kind of car is it?