PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Wheel Brushes

Pages : [1] 2

shadow85
06-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Many wheel brushes have a square shape. Anyone know of any decent brushes that have a more triangle shape?

Also looking for a brush that may go behind a caliper. I have the EZ brush but dont like it. The bristles are too long. I am thinking a sheep skin brush but dont know it they will fit. Looking for something that will at least get around the rotor.

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
06-19-2009, 07:35 AM
I`m really having a hard time understanding what you are asking. Square shape? Triangle shape? The EZ brush has a "round" shape, right? I can`t think of any that have a "square" shape as you state many do...so I`m not sure I`m understanding the question.

If by sheep skin you are referring to the spoke brushes, they are going to be too short to really get past the caliper and to the back of the wheel, plus they tend to grab bits of rust from the edge of the rotor.

EDIT: I guess I can see how those spoke brushes you get in the store with the two different materials and the wire in the middle could be considered "square"...I just never thought of it that way.

Got Wax
06-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Primarily, I use the Daytona and Swissvax wheel brushes and together they work awesome!! Most of our details, however, result in the wheels coming off to facilitate servicing the back of the wheel as well as the well, suspension and brake hardware. Check The Daytona at Autogeek and Swissvax at Detailers Domain.

Good Luck!!!

Andy

Kean
06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
....the Daytona is essentially the same as the EZ Detail brush. However, they do have mini versions of these as well that may fit the bill. I would also check vendor sites to see what they have to offer. .....like here:

Cruise Autogeek`s collection of carefully selected applicator pads, brushes, & microfiber tools! wheel brush, tire brush, duster, pad, microfiber, (http://www.autogeek.net/apbrus.html)

Personally, I like to use BRB`s (8" with 4" bristles for the wheel face face and a 1" round for nook & crannies), the EZ Detail (for the drum) and an assortment of other misc. brushes depending on the application (some work better than others depedning on the car).

shadow85
06-19-2009, 09:47 AM
By square I mean, if you take the BRB as an example, you can see the bristles form a square. I am looking for that same kind of brush but in a triangle configuration so there are 3 corners instead of 4.

Accumulator
06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Much as I love using various BHBs for most every type of cleaning, sometimes a brush just isn`t the best tool for the job. I use small sheepskin mitts (I like the little black/gray ones from Griot`s a lot more than I`d expected to) and swabs for the places that my brushes just don`t seem to get clean.

BobD
06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Find a Laitner Wheel Brush. I use one and really like it.

Accumulator
06-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Find a Laitner Wheel Brush..

Huh, not familiar with that one :think:

Got Wax
06-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I`ve seen them. They sell something similar at most auto parts stores. Looks really abrasive?? Never tried one.

Andy
Find a Laitner Wheel Brush. I use one and really like it.

BobD
06-19-2009, 12:33 PM
This is the one I have and use. i use it just about every detail/wash and on my motorcycle.

Laitner Oval Wheel and Spoke Soft Bristle Brush with Scrubber : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories (http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=ZX443370&zmam=73771597&zmas=4&zmac=78&zmap=ZX443370)

wascallyrabbit
06-19-2009, 04:34 PM
ace power stick works great for me. has made my wheel cleaning much easier.

Greg Nichols
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Check these out, got to use them and liked them. Let them soak in a bucket before use.

Three Long Reach Wheel Scrubber Brushes - Cleaning Tools - Wheels & Tires - Car Care - Griot`s Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/wheels+%26+tires/wheel+tire+cleaning+tools/three+long+reach+wheel+scrubber+brushes.do)

Cheers,

GREG

armoredsaint
06-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Check these out, got to use them and liked them. Let them soak in a bucket before use.

Three Long Reach Wheel Scrubber Brushes - Cleaning Tools - Wheels & Tires - Car Care - Griot`s Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/wheels+%26+tires/wheel+tire+cleaning+tools/three+long+reach+wheel+scrubber+brushes.do)

Cheers,

GREG

they sell that one at Harbor Freight, saw it last week but it`s blue instead of white and i am sure, a lot cheaper too.

but i love my daytona wheel brush and it does go behind the calipers- but barely on my bmw because of the big brakes :)

Setec Astronomy
06-19-2009, 09:19 PM
This is the one I have and use. i use it just about every detail/wash and on my motorcycle.

Laitner Oval Wheel and Spoke Soft Bristle Brush with Scrubber : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories (http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=ZX443370&zmam=73771597&zmas=4&zmac=78&zmap=ZX443370)

I have had many like that some are softer than others the big downside for me is the big wire in the middle...you get carried away scrubbing and there it is.

GoudyL
06-19-2009, 11:15 PM
If you head over to Autozone, they make two different kinds of long fiber wheel brushes. One with "hard" fibers that is quite agressive, and one with soft tufted fibers that is gentle.

I really like the soft tufted brush since you can get it full of wheel soap, and then the fibers get everywhere.