PDA

View Full Version : good tire dressing?

Pages : [1] 2

Joe's Detail
11-09-2005, 01:11 AM
What is the best tire dressing in your opionion? I can`t find any that I really like...picked up some turtle wax wet and black yesterday which I really didn`t like.

joe

Anthony A
11-09-2005, 01:13 AM
What is the best tire dressing in your opionion? I can`t find any that I really like...picked up some turtle wax wet and black yesterday which I really didn`t like.

joe

I have been using and really liking Mothers FX Tire Dressing.

joyriide1113
11-09-2005, 08:24 AM
best otc tire dressings are:

mothers fx-mothers have only been able to find at pepboys

michellin tie shine-michellin only at autozone

dupont teflon tire shine-and dupont has always been seen at advance auto

they`re all sooooooo easy to use and for being waterbased tend to really last a lot. except after rainstorms.

rfinkle2
11-09-2005, 09:16 AM
best otc tire dressings are:

mothers fx-mothers have only been able to find at pepboys

I like this too.

Believe it or not, I also like the look that Formula 2001 gives

klnyc
11-09-2005, 09:38 AM
My fav gotta be Meg #38 and Hyper Dressing :punk:

unclearty
11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I know I must sound strange...but I really like NXT Protectant. I clean the tires well with a GPC..rinse... let almost totally air dry, then spray on the NXT and leave it alone!! No rubbing....leave it for about 1/2 hour, then wipe off the residue with an old towel. For some reason, this gives me the look I like..a nice, black sheen...not super wet plasticy look. Amazingly, my tires still look great a week later...even driving in the rain. Whenever I see the Protectant on sale, I grab a couple of bottles.

joyriide1113
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I like this too.

Believe it or not, I also like the look that Formula 2001 gives

a good detail friend of mine (co-workers husband) is what iw ould a call a good carwasher in the sense that hes not a total idiot and has common sense (i wouldnt call him a detailer tho) and one of the products he uses on his tires is formula 2001. his wifes 530i`s tires look awesome and last for days. only thing stopping me is the fear of the petroleum based product brownign my tires.

only waterbased for ME

3Dog
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I bought the Michilin @ Big Lots for 2.99 a bottle.

TrueDetailer
11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
OTC i like the megs high endurance. Alot of people complain about it browning your tires but if you properly clean and dress them it won`t happen. As far as pro detail line i like Detailers Choice Solventbased.

budman3
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
I like megs Hot Shine Tire Spray in the trigger bottle. It lasts a really long time and I have no browning at all. It isn`t too shiney either, which I like too.

Mikeyc
11-09-2005, 03:27 PM
OTC i like the megs high endurance. Alot of people complain about it browning your tires but if you properly clean and dress them it won`t happen. As far as pro detail line i like Detailers Choice Solventbased.

I agree. Megs HE is the best. It`s available OTC which makes it easy to get. I also like that it`s a gel so there`s no chance of staining the driveway with it. I apply it with EO Tire Swipes and have never experienced browning or sling. I agree that it`s important to clean your tires occasionally. Don`t just throw the dressing on over a dirty tire.

civcklr
11-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I have been using and really liking Mothers FX Tire Dressing.

Me to...not to shiney. I like this horse to.... :horse:

Joe's Detail
11-12-2005, 07:43 PM
thanx for the info guys :)

edschwab1
11-14-2005, 12:14 AM
I like meg`s #38, due to the low or satin sheen, easy application, durabilty and no sling.

Eric

Member0001
11-15-2005, 03:29 AM
yet another vote for mothers fx tire shine! :beer_smil