PDA

View Full Version : Dont this sound a little funny?

GlossyTundra
06-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Ok, this is a guy on a forum i`m on. He owns "Leverage" a boat detailing products company. He is responding to my post about using Opti Seal on a boat and how Carnauba will not yellow a gel-coat over time.

"No peeing in the pool.

Please raise your hand if you have your biology degree, develop products including waxes/polishes and you also have a fulltime detailing business only dealing in boats.

Sorry B, but a few items about spray waxes, polymers and paste waxes.

There are many spray polymer polishes that will outlast paste waxes by 6 months. Paste waxes are good for cover up and are what most refer to as a traditional wax. If you don`t want to buff or you want a quick shine on an oxidized boat then you use a paste wax. Ie; I can take MG FlagS to a heavily oxidized boat and make it shine instantly. The problem is two weeks or a month down the road when the wax dissipates, the oxidation comes back worse and the boat looks terrible again. Polymer technology is the best way to protect fiberglass without the yellowing or premature oxidation factor. Also, IF THE BOAT HAS OXIDATION then buff it with a rotary buffer. If it`s terrible then wetsand, buff then polish.

The majority of compaines use allot of additives in their paste wax. Chemicals like turpentine, carnauba, petroleum distillates and silicone. These additives dry out the fiberglass and so therefore the customer thinks it`s time for another coat of wax. Not the case....Ie; when my polish dissipates the only side effect you get is the water dosen`t sheet anymore. There`s no loss of shine unless you`re using something other than recommended for soap, etc..

One other thing then I`ll get off my box.

Eco friendly is the sign of the times. A company can`t claim to be 90% Eco friendly or even 98%. You`re either Eco friendly or your not.

As always!! Read the ingredients on what you`re using or ask the manufacturer to fax or email you their MSDS.

Just setting the record straight. I don`t want or have time to get into a pointing match.

Have a good one!!"

Now, dont some of that sound a little funny?

craigdt
06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Possibly. Mostly it sounds like any other guy who is promoting his own product.

A few things Id like to pick on though:

He uses "polish" the way Zaino does, which is to mean "seal" (since his product isnt a wax)

His "buff" is our "polish"

He is a bit arrogant, and condescending with his opening.

Then the whole issue of application was way off for both sealants and waxes.

Ill leave the chemical mumbo jumbo to someone like GoudyL who talks like that all the time. "sodiapolymerdiode distillanaubaoxidizer" etc.

Rhino
06-19-2009, 05:42 AM
This guy sounds like a total douche in his opening.. And it`m with craigdt on this one. His "buff" is our "polish" and so on... Not to mention he`s putting down Meguiar`s products to make himself sound better.

Simply put, I don`t buy from his kind. There are too many other companies out there who let their products do the talking and don`t feel the need to attack the ones who are already highly successful.. It just looks desperate.