PDA

View Full Version : 08 M3 Jerez Black DA polished with some questions

PorscheRacer
06-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I polished my Jerez Black M3 over the weekend using a G110 with Menz IP on an orange LC pad followed by FP on a gray pad. The results are excellent but I did have some questions. This was my first time using a machine polisher.

The IP seemed dry out quickly and dust a lot. It seemed to take much less time than on the videos I`ve seen. I thought maybe I was using too little polish but more didn`t seem to help at all. It still worked well but is it normal to dry out very quickly? I`m talking maybe two or three passes with the DA before the IP was dry.

The FP on the gray pad seemed to work much more like the videos I`ve watched.

Both pads were 5.5" CCS pads.

Thanks!

trippmann
06-18-2009, 01:11 PM
If you want to increase the work time spritz a little distilled water on the pad before or touring the polishing stage s

PorscheRacer
06-18-2009, 01:13 PM
It isn`t so much that I want to increase the working time. I`m concerned that it wasn`t working correctly and looking for opinions on IP.

PorscheRacer
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/steruth/_uimages/IMG_3423.JPG

Finished result. It wasn`t bad to start with but I`d say 90% of the imperfections are gone. That is fine for me as this is my DD. Of course, it is already dirty again now :rolleyes:

GS4_Fiend
06-18-2009, 01:51 PM
I did notice too that it dries out quickly on the pads. I use only 2 peas size and after the polish was broken down. My pad was soo dried up. But I didn`t bother to QD, I just add more product and moved on to the next section.

PorscheRacer
06-18-2009, 06:18 PM
I was using a lot more than a pee size drop! I used a ring around the outside of the pad for probably a 2` X 2` surface.

Too much polish?

GS4_Fiend
06-18-2009, 10:09 PM
As long you worked the polish in until it`s clear its good.