PDA

View Full Version : zymol carbon v concours

1.8tmk2golf
06-18-2009, 10:53 AM
I own a pot of zymol carbon wax (£50) and think it’s the best wax I have ever owned... I am now wondering about buying zymol concours (£120) BUT will I really see a difference between the two? Or am I just wasting my money and it won’t be allot different to the carbon??:think:

Cheers guys... Im new so go easy, lol.:thx

DM101
06-18-2009, 12:26 PM
The only difference Concours contains white carnauba while the Carbon contains yellow. I think you should keep using Carbon.

craigdt
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Indeed. I doubt you will notice much. Maybe if you step it up a bit to Destiny, Atlantique, Vintage, Royal or Solaris, but thats still a maybe :D

If you are looking for some different ones to try out, Id suggest Poorboy`s Natty`s Blue or Dodo Supernatural.

JimmyCutlass
06-18-2009, 06:07 PM
The only difference Concours contains white carnauba while the Carbon contains yellow. I think you should keep using Carbon.

White carnauba is bleached yellow carnauba.

:wow: You are already wasting your money on Zymol, why not just go the whole nine yards? I would rather go with Mother`s, Meg`s or Zaino.

jswhitley
06-18-2009, 06:28 PM
i have carbon and use it by itself, its good stuff, and ive read about poor durability but it holds up great for me, 4 mos outside, using a qd after washing

Chicagoareanew
06-18-2009, 10:42 PM
I have Zymol creme, the cheapest of their waxes, and it looks good at first but does not hold up well, not even a month. But, to their credit some of the fault for that might be on my end because my car is outside 24 7, and I haven`t been great about washing every week and using detail spray. But I don`t think Zymol`s wax is worth enough to spend one extra penny on it, so I personally wouldn`t make the purchase you`re thinking about.

Their more expensive stuff might be a lot better than `creme`, but I can`t imagine that it`s so much better that it justifies the price. You can buy over a year`s supply of every car product you could possibly use for the price of one jar of that wax.