PDA

View Full Version : Process?

Silicon Toad
06-18-2009, 07:33 AM
After reading for a couple of days I wanted to run by what I think would be a good process or list of steps. Please let me know what ya think:

Wash

Clay

M105

M205

NTX 2.0

Would you change anything?

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
No. :) :werd:

Silicon Toad
06-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Time to start ordering some stuff. :buffing:

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I mean, I wouldn`t change anything, since ur a Meg`s man. But if you`re ordering, you might consider M21 instead of NXT, I think it stains trim a little less.

slickwilly
06-18-2009, 08:10 AM
I guess I would have to ask what you are trying to accomplish?

Are you looking for correction?

Are you looking to maintain?

What kind of ride/paint type/color?

Are you working by hand or machine?

Are you just doing exterior?

Do you want to do interior?

I`m sure there are plenty more, but you get the idea...:2thumbs:

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2009, 08:13 AM
slickwilly...the OP had another thread and it seemed he was just looking for some basic plan without overanalyzing, which is why I didn`t give him the 3rd degree.

crupp
06-18-2009, 08:25 AM
I am doing my car this weekend (09 v8 genesis, Silver, paint in great shape). Quick question, I am going to start with UPGP and then follow with Wolfgang DGPS 3.0. I was thinking of adding a coat of Mothers Paste Wax (pink stuff) or FX. WHich do you think would be best for reflection and beading? or do niether?

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2009, 08:32 AM
That`s a lot of stuff (particularly for one weekend, some of that stuff may need to cure a bit before it`s topped)...I`m not sure you need to top the UPGP with anything.

crupp
06-18-2009, 08:37 AM
ok, maybe just the UPGP and the DGPS then. Probably start process on Friday night and let the car stay in the Garage all weekend while I work on it. The Fx is jsut so easy to put on and take off.

slickwilly
06-18-2009, 08:39 AM
After reading for a couple of days I wanted to run by what I think would be a good process or list of steps. Please let me know what ya think:

Wash

Clay

M105

M205

NTX 2.0

Would you change anything?

No...:ignore

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
ok, maybe just the UPGP and the DGPS then. Probably start process on Friday night and let the car stay in the Garage all weekend while I work on it. The Fx is jsut so easy to put on and take off.

Well, if it`s 3 days, then you can probably do all 3 if you want...not sure it`s going to gain you a whole lot.

imported_Jakerooni
06-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Hard to say. That is a product list, not a process. You`re not saying how you plan on using any of that stuff. (ie process) for products they are good. But I guess it all depends on the actual process you plan on using them in.

Setec Astronomy
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Jake, you crazy ex-GM guys and your process control...

superchargedg
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM

Just use the UPGP and let it cure overnight and do a 2nd and 3rd coat.There is no reason to do a dif sealent over another one........that makes no sence what so ever.