PDA

View Full Version : What is this "Automagik" product??

Lowprofile
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
The two supposed "boutiques" in my area both use this Automagik product for all there detailing. Is this a product even worth mentioning? I know most dealerships also use this. I have seen there `finished` work and was not impressed as I only use Duragloss or Klasse for my details and my cars look much better. I have heard they use it because its cheap. Anybody know anything about it and would you ever use this product?

todd@bsaw
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Auto Magic Auto Detailing Products, Car Care Cleaning Detailing Supplies, Auto Detailing Accessories, and Training (http://www.automagic.biz/)

Hardly a "boutique" product, but many detail shops use Auto Magic because of the cost-efficiency and there are some decent products if you know what you are looking for. If you have any specific questions about products, contact David Fermani (http://www.autopia.org/forum/member.php?u=18327).

I have used some of their products and found many to be filled with silicone additives for a fake-shine that is easy to accomplish with minimal effort/skill.

imported_detail1
06-17-2009, 03:53 PM
It`s cheap garbage.

I bought one of their polishes a few years ago at the recommendation of a guy who claims that he use to detail cars in Florida.

The polish was easy to use by hand and it took off alot of oxidation but it does contain silicone- not good for paint.

This polish has been sitting in my basement for a few years. I would only use it to clean the inside of the gas tank door or the very bottom of a rocker panel.

They make clay magic which was the original clay bar and i think its pretty good. - Have not used it in about 10 years. U can read the reviews.

Frank

Got Wax
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
WHenever we have hired "detailers" with previoues experience, we always ask what products they`ve used in the past. auto Magic and PRO both seem to be the choice for production line shops.

Andy

Lowprofile
06-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I have also heard it is garbage but wanted to run it by you guys. Just wish more people would educate themselves and find out what products these `boutiques` use. They don`t seem to have any shortage of regular customers while I am struggling. Thanks for the replies.

BobD
06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
It`s cheap garbage.

I bought one of their polishes a few years ago at the recommendation of a guy who claims that he use to detail cars in Florida.

The polish was easy to use by hand and it took off alot of oxidation but it does contain silicone- not good for paint.

This polish has been sitting in my basement for a few years. I would only use it to clean the inside of the gas tank door or the very bottom of a rocker panel.

They make clay magic which was the original clay bar and i think its pretty good. - Have not used it in about 10 years. U can read the reviews.

Frank

Why are silicones bad for paint?

And what clay do you use if it`s not clay magic?

gmblack3
06-19-2009, 02:04 PM
The 777 and red hot APC work fine.