PDA

View Full Version : CRSpotless - should I do it?

snowskate
06-17-2009, 09:10 AM
I live just outside Boston, not sure about my water quality or TDS, member of Costco and can get the DIC-20 for $370. My water pressure is just decent.

I read Superbee`s post on how to make your own system for $99, but I like the cart feature and just bought a home, so for me now `time is money` and I prefer to just buy it get it over with and forget about the extra cost.

So not to beat a dead horse, this may have been discussed over and over, but I really need to hear everyone`s `latest` opinions.

Please either pump me up or pump down to make the $370 commitment, or else, I`ll just leave it off my mental `to do` list.

I plan on using it with my new Toro Ultra Blower/Vac (unless that`s way to powerful - although you can use it on the lowest setting at 112 mph) and I plan on following with high quality MFs and Z6/OID/FK425 for drying aid and then occasionally boosting with Z8 or OSW.

imported_DetailDan
06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
I couldnt live without it.

Accumulator
06-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Most of the time, I only use mine on the big dog-haulers. It`s nice to not have to worry about waterspots, but by the time I double filter and soften my water, it`s just not that bad.

Even when I use the CRSpotless, I still dry the vehicle off conventionally though, so maybe I`m not taking the fullest advantage of the system.

It`s nice for use with ONR though.

Saintlysins
06-17-2009, 11:49 AM
As I`m sure you`ve read a few of my posts about CR Spotless ... I LOVE IT! ! !

I had always wondered if the monitors would think I work for the company I`ve praised it so much (not).

Saves me a tremendous amount of time when final rinsing the sleds that will stay outside. For my garage-queens or stored collection, it`s the greatest thing to wash the car for a show or even a short ride, go for the drive and know there won`t be any water spots from drips or runs that you`ll only see if you drive the car after a wash.

It can get expensive depending on how much you use it and/or how many minerals/deposits are in your water. I happen to have horrific water and have gotten to the point where I buy the beads in bulk and refill the cartridges myself. It`s a bit of a P.I.T.A. - but it`s significantly cheaper than buying new cartridges.

To answer another question, I love that my unit(s) are on their own wheeled carts. Makes it so easy when cleaning the windows on either house, or if I need/want to take it to a remote location for a detail.

After trying a three systems, this is by far the best.

Here`s one thing they do not cover enough!!!!!! Make sure ALL THE PRESSURE is relieved off the "out" side of the unit before disconnecting the "in" or "feed" side of the unit. If not, all the beads get `shaken` or `disturbed` and the whole thing is compromised, requiring you to change out the canisters. I`ve done this three times out of rushed-stupidity and wanted to scream! Now I have put a sprinkler head that has no `off` on the end of the rinse hose so it can never happen again.

Hope this helps you with your decision.