PDA

View Full Version : Off-the shelf "substitute" for FK425

2005GTPinMD
06-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Finish Kare is closed for the month of June but I find myself in desperate need for more FK425. As soon as they will reopen, I will order my annual order of a gallon of FK425. I use FK425 while drying the car. Is there anything that I can buy locally that has some of the same properties as FK425?

WaxManRonnie
06-17-2009, 04:16 AM
You can get DG Spray Wax. That is good stuff. Sold by Carquest for like $9.00.

PepBoys has Surf City Hot Rod Detailer. That stuff is really good too.

Probably as close to 425 as your going to get.

dublifecrisis
06-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Duragloss fast clean and shine straight up is an awesome quick detailer. Someone suggested mixing 80% of this with 20% aqua wax and WOW! They were right. I`d put it up against any QD.

imported_FJF
06-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Duragloss fast clean and shine straight up is an awesome quick detailer. Someone suggested mixing 80% of this with 20% aqua wax and WOW! They were right. I`d put it up against any QD.

I`d read your post a little while ago and loved the idea. Fast Clean and Shine isn`t one of my favorite products, but I really like the DG Marine QD. So, I mixed ~80% Marine QD and 20% AW in a JW spray bottle and QD`d my graphite grey Evo with a Monster Fluffy. What a great finish - bright, clear, no streaking, and very easy to work with. Thanks for the tip!