PDA

View Full Version : honda soft paint

jibnayman
06-16-2009, 10:21 PM
because honda has soft paint i have a black 2008 accord and i wanted to remove the light swirls and i was wondering becasuse soft paint should the majority of the swirls come up with swirl x by hand?

hondaguy2582
06-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Swirl x is pretty mild. Try a test spot and see how it comes out. You will know then if you need to step up to a more aggressive product(aka swirls are still there), or it did the trick and keep using it on the rest of the paint.

jibnayman
06-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Swirl x is pretty mild. Try a test spot and see how it comes out. You will know then if you need to step up to a more aggressive product(aka swirls are still there), or it did the trick and keep using it on the rest of the paint.

i get ur point and thats what im gonna do but i was just wondering do you think? will it will correct easy?

SpoiledMan
06-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Short answer is no. You`re more than likely going to need a machine and something a bit stronger to take care of that paint. It`s soft but not that soft.

jibnayman
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Short answer is no. You`re more than likely going to need a machine and something a bit stronger to take care of that paint. It`s soft but not that soft.

k

:thx

Junebug
06-17-2009, 07:01 AM
I had a 08 Accord, and about a dozen cats (down to 5 now) anyway- I could get cat scratch fever off my hood with a 4" white LC pad, FFII and a PC.

Thats Fresh
06-17-2009, 07:07 AM
that sounds about right JuneBug. i had detailed a black 08 accord and it had similar scratches throughout the hood. i guess neighborhood cats slept on top of the car. but surprisingly most of the swirls came out with 106FF. followed up with 85RD, it looked brand new.