PDA

View Full Version : Proper Steps

crupp
06-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I am planning on spending some time this weekend with the car and have some stuff on order. Here is what I have comming; Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0 and UPGP. I was also planning in putting on a fresh coat of Mothers Carunba Paste Wax (the pink stuff) on as well. WHich order would you recommend doing this in? THanks

Dsoto87
06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
UPGP to lay down a protective layer and than DGPS for shine and super slickness. Don`t bother with the mothers wax. Just keep layering those.

Its become my most used combo. Can`t beat the reflection and gloss

imported_Ol' Red
06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Wash

Clay Bar

Paint Cleaner

Polish

Sealant

Wax

Not all of those are necessary but that would be the correct order.

crupp
06-16-2009, 08:34 AM
UPGP to lay down a protective layer and than DGPS for shine and super slickness. Don`t bother with the mothers wax. Just keep layering those.

DGPS, are u referring to the Wolfgang product?

Sorry for all the Newb questions!

Dsoto87
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Yup "Deep Gloss Paint Sealant"

crupp
06-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Wash

Clay Bar

Paint Cleaner

Polish

Sealant

Wax

Thanks for that. I always confuse the Polish and Sealant steps.

crupp
06-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Yup "Deep Gloss Paint Sealant"

THanks. My fathers day is now planned!!

craigdt
06-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Wash

Clay Bar

Paint Cleaner

Polish

Sealant

Wax

Hmm. I disagree. If you are talking about chemical cleaner, why would you do that before an abrasive polish?

I think you might be a bit confused about the steps, or have confused the terminology a bit. Its easy enough to do.

craigdt
06-16-2009, 10:09 AM

Have you experimented much with the order of UPGP/DGPS? Ive just recently used UPGP a couple times and it seems to me like you`d use it mostly to top other products. What are your experiences with this?