PDA

View Full Version : C6 Corvette Specific Detailing Questions

Danspeed1
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Hello,

I am a previous C4 Corvette owner, but I am now a 2005 C6 Corvette owner. My previous Corvette had very hard clear coat. I am just looking to confirm the hardness of the clear on this Corvette too; If I remember correctly, this is an even harder car to detail???

I am having a clear bra installed on the vehicle next week so I would like to get the exterior to its pinnacle of perfection before I send it in. The car has holograms all over, but the swirling oddly enough is minimal. Its all over the car but it appears to be very light. I am just looking for some correction process suggestions.

My arsenal includes:

Meguiar`s Swirl Free Polish, Ultimate Compound, Scratch X

Menzerna Intensive Polish, 106FF

4 Star Light Cutting Cream, Swirl Mark Remover

Danase Swirl Abolisher III

Zaino ZPC

My thoughts were to start with Menzerna IP or Megs UC on an Orange LC Pad first... Then move to 106FF on SMR on White LC Pad... and finish with Zaino ZPC (which has very little abrasives) on black LC just for good measure and cheap insurance that NO Swirls or Holograms will reappear. I am looking for perfection this time...

I also have one more question... The headlights are pitted, tarnished, and have little speckles from road dust all over them. I have no idea what they are made out of. Is there any way to wet sand, or polish all this junk out of them?

Thanks,

Dan

jimmie jam
06-16-2009, 06:07 AM
first of all congrats on the new ride :clap:. the process you have described sounds like a good start (i`m assuming that you are going to clean and clay before you start on the correction). as for the headlights, they are plastic. if you get even a little agressive you will remove the UV coating. i would try a light polishing first. by the way, have the lights covered with the film (4mm only), that will likely hide alot of the issues you are talking about. good luck. enjoy the new ride...don`t forget to wave. :2thumbs:

TGates
06-16-2009, 07:03 AM
I agree, DO NOT polish the headlight lenses with anything but Plexus or the like. Mine are pitted too and I`ve only got 12,600 miles on the car.

I have had great luck with Meg`s UC and the Flex.

Danspeed1
06-16-2009, 09:08 AM
enjoy the new ride...don`t forget to wave. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the tips!

I always wave!

DG

DM101
06-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I think you have a good game plan. Send some pics!!!!

My thoughts were to start with Menzerna IP or Megs UC on an Orange LC Pad first... Then move to 106FF on SMR on White LC Pad... and finish with Zaino ZPC (which has very little abrasives) on black LC just for good measure and cheap insurance that NO Swirls or Holograms will reappear. I am looking for perfection this time...

Dan

Danspeed1
06-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Yup,

I am going to probably tackle the job at the end of the week next week.

Dan