PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare mystery solved

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

STSInNYC
06-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Called FK today. Their message said that they are closed for the month of June, reopening July 6. A number is provided for people who have orders outstanding.

Unusual in my experience for a business to close for an entire month, but FK doesn`t seem to be oriented to their consumer customers; seems that they are built on their corporate business, offering products to consumers as a secondary business strategy.

Setec Astronomy
06-15-2009, 08:33 PM
That sounds a little odd...I wonder if they are not doing well and decided to furlough everyone for a month...or make them all take their vacation now while they are slow.

lamby
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
so whoever has some of their product is lucky. good thing i stocked up 2 weeks ago

imported_Jakerooni
06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Their not french are they?/ LOL I know they always shut down for a month at a time. sounds odd to me and a bad way to conduct business.

nosbusa1700
06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Setec Astronomy, either they have more business than they know what do with, or with the economy the way it is, it was best to take a month.

No business in today`s environment would dare take a day off during the week, much less a whole month if business were doing well. imo

Heck most businesses are hanging on by a thread right now, and are lucky if they can get money from the bank, in order to keep day to day operations a float.

I was wanting to order a bunch of stuff from them recently, and couldn`t get a hold of them.. Now we know why..

Of course I couldn`t get them to return my e-mail, or call me back when they were up and running a month or so ago. They have horrible customer service. In my experience.

akimel
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Perhaps we should stock up now on FK products, assuming they are still in business come July. Shutting down for an entire month sure sounds ominous. Do any internet retailers stock FK products?

Setec Astronomy
06-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Shoot, I`d better get some of that FK1000p stuff before I miss out on the party!

nosbusa1700
06-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Their website says.

The focus of Finish Kare is to develop manufacture and distribute a full line of products that are designed to clean, protect, restore, preserve and enhance the finishes on a wide variety of surfaces. At its core is the automotive industry where the customers include Ford Motor Company, Chrysler, General Motors, Mazda, Nissan, Infiniti, Subaru, Volkswagen, Ports of Entry, Automotive Dealerships, Detail Shops and even the enthusiast.

Chrysler, and GM filed for BK, Ford is hurting, the rest are hurting as well. I just wonder how much of money crunch it put FK in, when Chrysler, and GM filed BK?

akimel, google FK products in the UK.I believe a company named serious performance sell their products.

BigAl3
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Perhaps we should stock up now on FK products, assuming they are still in business come July. Shutting down for an entire month sure sounds ominous. Do any internet retailers stock FK products?

while more expensive, pakshak carries a few items...

Finish Kare USA (http://pakshak.com/finish-kare-usa.html)

nosbusa1700
06-15-2009, 09:43 PM
BigAl3, fwiw. I checked with them a few weeks ago.. They are out of stock on 1000p, Pink wax and a few other items I believe. . I just checked again, and they are still out of stock..

Here`s what they do have. 2180, 217, 108 and a gallon of 425.

craigdt
06-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Not good at all. I hope they dont shut down completely before I get a chance to try some 425...

BigAl3
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
also, type in " finish kare " in the google search and you can also find any online retailers if there are any. interesting little piece when i typed it in..

Finishkare.com - Finish Kare Products Inc Information & Details (http://www.1888pressrelease.com/finish-kare-products-inc-company-profile_623.html)

craigdt
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Hmmm. Hmmmm....

nosbusa1700
06-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Hmmm. Hmmmm....

Bad Idea. :lol

Big Leegr
06-16-2009, 03:35 AM

Hmmm. Hmmmm....

Yes, he was an uncle of Barry`s, I think. Falling out between family members and he started his own company. He died last year. FK got bought by another company. Carbrite I think.