PDA

View Full Version : Help with Honda paint

tableturns
11-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Today i did my trunk with a PC. I did 1st pass 2.5 with orange pad speed 4 then 5 then 6, it began to dust so i stopped and used QD to wipe off the polish. Most of the swirls were out but lots of scratches left. Then i did the same exact process all over again. Swirls gone but scratches left. Then i switched to SSR3 with yellow pad speed 6. Some scratches were gone some still left. Used QD to wipe off. Then did SSR3 with orange pad on 6 and still nothing. So i gave up and used SSR2 to finish off. The paint feels very smooth and it looks shiny, but when you look at it at a certain angle when the bright light shines on it i could still see lines and scratches. That took me an hour and a half to do, and i didnt use too much product. Maybe i should a stronger polish, i think i have very hard paint. What are your thoughts on this?

Beemerboy
11-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Table

The combo that you are using product and pad are for cutting...This is taking off the major swrils on the clear...what you need to do now is use SSR1 or polish with a polishing pad to remove the minor swrils that you are seeing that have been created by the SSR2 & 3.....

tableturns
11-08-2005, 11:53 AM
All the swirls are gone its the scratches i cannot get out. I did use SSR2 with a polishing pad and it didnt make a difference

tubafeak
11-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Sometimes a few scratches just won`t come out with a PC. I use a rotary most of the time myself and a lot of scratches still remain, sometimes they`re just too deep to safely remove without paint damage.