PDA

View Full Version : More aggressive pad or polish with a PC?

CharlesW
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
When you have flaws that take forever with the PC, a polishing pad and a mild/mid polish such as DACP, what`s the next best step? (Other than use a rotary)
I have read that the PC isn`t really the right machine to use with a cutting pad, but I have also read where people use that combination with good results.
I have also read that the PC isn`t the best choice for an aggressive product so I don`t think that is the answer.
I`m leaning towards using my DACP with the PC and a cutting pad. Seems like that combo followed by a polishing pad might do the job.
It`s for a friend and maybe I should just send them to a shop with a rotary. The rotary would probably take the scuffs out in about 2 minutes.
Suggestions?

Charles

edschwab1
11-07-2005, 11:30 PM
What kind of scuff makes are they?

I do like using more the a cutting pad and light cut compound as this takes a long time to break down and usually leaves hazing. The hazing can be removed with a lighter polish and pad combo.

Eric

Mad iX
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM
SSR3 w/ cutting pad has given me no problems.
I`ve also seen a few instances of Powergloss and Optimum Compound w/ cutting pad.
Obviously a rotary has much more cutting power but the PC can handle more than DACP on a polishing pad.

blkyukon
11-08-2005, 02:18 AM
I agree, I`ve had good luck with SSR3 and cutting pad. Here is a BMW, after being covered with snow and salt and going through a few gas station car wash:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/blkyukon/bmw/swirls_before.jpg

Here is after SSR3/cutting pad & DACP/polishing pad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/blkyukon/bmw/swirls_after.jpg

joe.p
11-08-2005, 11:32 AM
nice job good learning thread. did the neighbors car, swirls were as bad if not worse also the paint had some serious chemical spotting, 7 hrs to do the job. so i`m also interested in learning from this.

sharpie
11-08-2005, 04:03 PM
very nice.....cant wait for my PC :punk:

bigron62
11-08-2005, 08:19 PM
was up charles i tried the combo steve at poorboys recommended to me last week for a similar job i used a green edge pad and ssr3 on speed 5 and 6 and it worked great . i followed that with a polish then wax and i liked the results. i didnt think the pc would work with ssr3 but it did ..