PDA

View Full Version : Adam`s Leather & Interior Cleaner?

Furd
06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I am looking for an interior cleaner to keep in the trunk in case some nefarious substance violates the interior whilst I`m on the road. Leather seats.

Adam`s Leather & Interior Cleaner seems to fit the bill. Good stuff? Is there better?

TGates
06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I`d go with Griot`s Leather Care Spray for that particular type of emergency. It cleans and protects while the Adam`s only cleans.

maxepr1
06-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Blacksunshine is correct, Adams just cleans. Good product, I use it myself. What I use is QID with a towel stored under the seat. If you don`t want to store the whole bottle they sell pre-moistened towels(MEG`s).My .02$ worth.

Furd
06-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I am just looking for a cleaner to use on the leather and the vinyl (or whatever its is) in the interior.

I use 303 as a protectant.

maxepr1
06-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Meg.s Aloe and conditioner 2 part system works good on both. But if your protecting with 303 , Adams cleaner is just fine. When you use it up try Megs Aloe cleaner I think it works a little better for the price.

duke4ever
06-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I actually use the megs leather cleaner one step, works well on light dirt. I was thinking of giving the aloe one a try. Aside from that , I too am looking for a stronger cleaner as I have various stains including blue jeans which take a while to get out with the one step.

judyb
06-14-2009, 01:54 AM
There are very few cleaners that will remove dye transfer from pale coloured seats. Most cleaners on the market are simply not formulated correctly to do this job. The key is to prevent it from happening in the first place by using a good quality fluorocarbon protector which is designed to inhibit dye transfer. This will allow the dye to sit on the surface of the leather rather than be drawn into the finish (which is when it becomes hard to remove), this then can be cleaned off.

Avoid `conditioners` as these will do no protecting (even if they say they do) and use a correctly formulated protector that has been tested (or test it yourself) and this will make all your cleaning processes easier. A water based protector will also keep your leather correctly hydrated which is the only thing that

is required to keep it in `good condition`.

Cream cleaners should be avoided as these will only be effective if you `clean` the cleaner off afterwards which rather defeats the object of trying to remove the dirt. If you use a cream with added oils and ingredients then you will always be leaving residues on the surface which will only atract more dirt.

Hope this helps

duke4ever
06-14-2009, 02:17 AM
There are very few cleaners that will remove dye transfer from pale coloured seats. Most cleaners on the market are simply not formulated correctly to do this job. The key is to prevent it from happening in the first place by using a good quality fluorocarbon protector which is designed to inhibit dye transfer. This will allow the dye to sit on the surface of the leather rather than be drawn into the finish (which is when it becomes hard to remove), this then can be cleaned off.

Avoid `conditioners` as these will do no protecting (even if they say they do) and use a correctly formulated protector that has been tested (or test it yourself) and this will make all your cleaning processes easier. A water based protector will also keep your leather correctly hydrated which is the only thing that

is required to keep it in `good condition`.

Cream cleaners should be avoided as these will only be effective if you `clean` the cleaner off afterwards which rather defeats the object of trying to remove the dirt. If you use a cream with added oils and ingredients then you will always be leaving residues on the surface which will only atract more dirt.

Hope this helps

They are indeed light colored seats, cream/beige colored. Problem is, I don`t know of any good cleaners that are formulated for this, secondly, I don`t know of any good fluorocarbon protector.

If you can make some suggestions or point me in the right direction, I would much appreciate that. Thanks!