PDA

View Full Version : 3M Products

striker27
06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Does any one use the 3M products on here?

I have been using the Rubbing Compound, Swirl Mark Remover and Hand Glaze, which come in the black bottles for quite a few years. What I would like to know is something better available???

THANX

craigdt
06-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes.

I think you will find that there are a lot of people that use the professional line of 3M products.

Yes, there probably is something better available.

I, for one, really enjoy using Meguiars 105/205 and Poorboys SSR2.5/SSR1.

But ask a dozen detailers what they like, and you will get back twice as many answers.

Just do a lot of reading here and you will get the picture.

Xtreme-Klean
06-10-2009, 09:16 PM
That is a very open ended question and subjective.

For non 3M products: I persoanlly prefer Menzerna line, Meguiars, and PoorBoys World.

It really depends on what you are trying to achive. Not 1 single brand makes the best for every car care solution. I do trial and error and pick the best that fits the solution.

striker27
06-11-2009, 01:15 AM
THANX!!

I will try some of the Meguiars and poor boys products. I am happy with the compound and swirl remover from 3m. Really want to try the sealers and the wax.

It is so hard to search for 3m it never really picks it up since it is so short a word!! LOL

THANX AGAIN!!!

imported_detail1
06-11-2009, 02:47 AM
THANX!!

I will try some of the Meguiars and poor boys products. I am happy with the compound and swirl remover from 3m. Really want to try the sealers and the wax.

It is so hard to search for 3m it never really picks it up since it is so short a word!! LOL

THANX AGAIN!!!

U can search Ultrafine but as u may know that is a finishing polish. Dont know but i think that there is a better choice of wax other than 3m. I have their cleaner wax which i have probably used once in the past 4 or 5years. I would go with Collinite wax or a wax made by Meguiars for durabiltiy. Regarding a sealant, there so many out there and I have only used Duragloss and Ultima.

Ultima is extremely easy to use but dont like that u have to wait to apply multiple coats. If u want a beauty wax, try Pinnacle, Zymol, Poorboys, Fuzion, and others. Wow there are many! U can google 3m. They do have a wesite.

On Autopia, u can also go to the Review Section of Products, type in 3M in the browser and about 20 or so 3m products popped up and there is a list of member reviews.