PDA

View Full Version : Other ways to make money...

qwkgtp
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey guys, what are you guys doing besides detailing if any to make money?

For example I imagine headlight restoration would be pretty common. Anybody doing anything else under your business` name. Windshield repair??

TIA

imported_Jakerooni
06-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Nope.. I just wash the cars and rake it in LOL. I`ve thought about adding things here and there but to me it always came down to just how much of a headache do I want to deal with? Frankly not much...

DefiningDetails
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I have been tossing around the idea of taking a Paintless Dent Repair course, as I get quite a few inquiries every month as to if I offer the service. I am a big proponent of `never stop learning` and as I keep learning, I can keep adding services that I feel will be profitable to Defining Details` bottom line.

jimmybuffit
06-11-2009, 08:05 AM
We offer touch up, PDR, hail repair (!), interior repairs, windshield repair, tint, alloy wheel repair, and more.

With the exception of paint touch up, all of such work (to my standards) is done by sub contractors, in my Shop. Delegating skilled work is smart - focus on what you do best, and also reap the rewards of the work of others.

As a rule, I am able to pass along twice what the sub charges me. We`ve recently had hail storms... to date we`ve done just four claims, averaging ~$3000 each. Results are amazing, and I get $3000! with more to come.

Regarding PDR training, please do your due dilligence in research. It will take months of constant practice to really have any skill at all, and years to become truly competent at the trade. Oh sure, it looks simple...

Good Luck.

Jim