PDA

View Full Version : Few ?`s from a newbie

DRT
06-10-2009, 09:23 AM
So i`ve been detailing my cars and some family cars for a while now and have learned a lot from this site. This weekend I have my first real customer. Its a 1995 BMW 5 series thats red. First question: I only have a few different waxes and was wondering if you guys think NXT 2.0 or Megs26 would look better on red? Second question: I have been told that the wheels are in bad shape, I typically use Megs APC 4:1 or Eagle One All wheel cleaner for wheels and was wondering if anybody has ever used or recommend using a magic eraser on wheels. Sorry for the long post. Thanks

Bert
06-10-2009, 10:54 AM
First question: I only have a few different waxes and was wondering if you guys think NXT 2.0 or Megs26 would look better on red?

NXT 2.0 and Megs 26 are both fine products but what type of sealant or wax you use will have a very small affect on the look of the paint. To truly improve the look of the paint will require claying the paint and atleast one step of polishing.

Second question: I have been told that the wheels are in bad shape, I typically use Megs APC 4:1 or Eagle One All wheel cleaner for wheels and was wondering if anybody has ever used or recommend using a magic eraser on wheels. Sorry for the long post. Thanks

I have never used a Magic Eraser, I generally just use wash wash and a few good wheel brushes. If the brake dust is bad, I will spray some APC on the wheels and let it dwell for a while then go at the wheels.

Accumulator
06-10-2009, 10:55 AM
So i`ve been detailing my cars and some family cars for a while now and have learned a lot from this site. This weekend I have my first real customer. Its a 1995 BMW 5 series thats red. First question: I only have a few different waxes and was wondering if you guys think NXT 2.0 or Megs26 would look better on red?

Note that the clear on that will probably be very hard, so make sure you have the right polishes/etc. to do the correction.

The NXT and #26 will look different and I`m not sure what the customer will prefer. I`d guess that the richer look of the #26 would be the way to go.

Second question: I have been told that the wheels are in bad shape, I typically use Megs APC 4:1 or Eagle One All wheel cleaner for wheels and was wondering if anybody has ever used or recommend using a magic eraser on wheels. .

I`d worry about the Magic Eraser doing more damage. The Eagle One, or even something stronger, would probably be the way to go. Be careful with really potent acidic wheel cleaners.

DRT
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I forgot to mention, I will be claying and polishing as well. It sounds like the clear is going to be hard, so I might have to reach for the Megs UC right away, although I hope its not that bad. In my experience nxt and m26 are both very easy to apply and take off. I`ve had more experience with nxt and like it very well, but i just got some m26 and hear its supposed to be pretty good for the price.