PDA

View Full Version : optimum no rinse worth 40$

Pages : [1] 2

jibnayman
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
do you think that optimum no rinse gallon would be worth the 40$? because im tired of the swirl marks:grrr on my black car

Darkstar752
06-09-2009, 09:40 PM
ONR doesn`t remove swirl marks. You need a buffer and polish.

And yes, it is worth 40 dollars per gallon.

jibnayman
06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
ONR doesn`t remove swirl marks. You need a buffer and polish.

And yes, it is worth 40 dollars per gallon.

i know it doesn`t remove swirls i just wanted to stop adding them after i get them taken out

Perferd
06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes worth $40 but not sure what it has to do with swirls...

MrCLRider
06-09-2009, 09:45 PM
ONR will stop you from having swirls, your process sounds like it needs to be revised. I don`t care what you spend on wash product, if your process and media are not in check, you will always end up getting swirls again and again..period.

jibnayman
06-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Yes worth $40 but not sure what it has to do with swirls...

nothing to do with the swirls i just dont want to add any more than it has

Darkstar752
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
i know it doesn`t remove swirls i just wanted to stop adding them after i get them taken out

You should evaluate your was technique first. Make sure you are using the two bucket method with a media that doesn`t create swirls, and quality microfiber towels. You shouldn`t have to use much pressure at all.

jibnayman
06-09-2009, 09:55 PM
You should evaluate your was technique first. Make sure you are using the two bucket method with a media that doesn`t create swirls, and quality microfiber towels. You shouldn`t have to use much pressure at all.

will i still get swirls if i use one bucket wash but with onr?

Dsoto87
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
No you wont if your wash and drying technique is right

jibnayman
06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
No you wont if your wash and drying technique is right

what washing and drying are appropriate techniques just blot dry and not much pressure on the wash mit ? or can u provide me with a good technique? and im sorry to be bugging you with my dumb questions

GoCubsGo
06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I use the ONR 2 bucket method (2 wool wash mitts and grit guards). Search YouTube for ONR videos/techniques (I mist each panel with a .5 oz ONR to 24 oz. water ratio spray prior to washing). I detailed my Carbon Black over the Memorial Day weekend and have ONR`d it twice since then and not a swirl. I wouldn`t use it when a full wash is needed, but for clean ups after a few drives in the rain and heavy dusting it works great.

I wish I had purchased the gallon rather than the 32oz bottle.

jesselyons2002
06-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I have a black car and don`t use ONR to clean it. I got swirls once when I used it. Even after using the two bucket method(Both very clean) and 3 clean mf chennile mitts and the right dilution ratio in the wash bucket and using pre rinse method with the garden sprayer.

Setec Astronomy
06-10-2009, 05:29 AM
jibnayman...the key to not adding swirls while washing is your technique. What wash you use (regular with water, or "rinseless") isn`t really germaine (within argument...some argue they can`t wash swirlessly with ONR as jesselyons noted above).

Go here: http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia-learning-library/ and you can look at the "Guide to Detailing" which has a car wash section, and also under "Detailing Articles and Videos" you can find Accumulator`s non-marring wash technique.

imported_RZJZA80
06-10-2009, 08:05 AM
for all things ONR, contact scottwax.

Envious Eric
06-10-2009, 11:22 AM
lets just say I have 3 gallons sitting on my shelves....its all I use on all cars I do!