PDA

View Full Version : New here...sorta

imported_kuba
06-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, it`s been a few years but I`m back because I got a new car.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do with it?

I was sparkly and polished when I picked it up, but we`ve had a couple of days or rain already so it`s not AS pretty anymore.:bawling: lol

What I`d like to know is, should I give it a wash now? is it safe to or recommended even - considering it`s about a week old.

The other question is, if I want to detail myself (eventually), who has good deals for PCs right now?

I`m in Canada, but do have a few friends in the U.S. who can purchase things for me if there`s a better deal.

Thanks in advance, time to check out more threads, some wicked jobs by you guys on here....damn.

imported_kuba
06-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Anyone? :)

Setec Astronomy
06-10-2009, 08:26 AM
What are you asking, if it`s safe to wash your car because it`s only a week old? Well, you may have had it for only a week, but I guarantee it`s not only a week old. Keeping your car clean is one of the most important things to the long-term maintenance of the appearance (along with regular "waxing" and trim dressing, and periodic deep cleaning), but it can also be the source of significant damage to the finish from improper wash techniques.

Click the "how-to" button at the top of this page to bring you to the forum section with the basics. You`ll want to get your car clean and apply some protection (wax or sealant) to help keep it clean and make sure that contaminants are easily removed. Then you`ll want to invest in some good wash tools/media and work on your technique to minimize any marring.

Have fun and welcome back!

imported_kuba
06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Ya, I kinda figured they wouldn`t have JUST painted it the day I got it. ;) lol

Furd
06-10-2009, 09:32 AM
With a new car, you can wash, wax, polish or whatever it the second it rolls off of the line.