PDA

View Full Version : Costco Mf`s are the shizzle!

Pages : [1] 2

joyriide1113
11-07-2005, 09:36 AM
went to costco yesterday to see what bulk stuff they had for automobile care and i picked up some microfibers and APC. the apc is another thread, but the microfibers are awesome. they have a nice thick weave and thick consistency (i compare it ecactly to "adams polishes" mf`s). i bought them for wheel, door jam, interior use. only thing stopping me from using it on my paint is the edging on the corners of the towels are sharp and i dont find it convinient to have to fold it around. im sure some users tight on a budget can use these and proably deal with folding the edges but other than that it makes a perfect quality towel, fraction of the cost, and large.

the towels came in a 20 pack i believe for 7.99 (could be wrong).

they are bright yellow

sized 15x15 (again i could be wrong, butdefinately larger than the cobra towels u get free at PAC).

mgm2003
11-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Compare them to your Adam`s towels after a few uses. There is a difference in how they wear.

I like them pretty well for jams & wheels.

Antonio Waxer
11-07-2005, 10:03 AM
For someone who drives a BMW you should know better:no: :no:

U get what U pay for :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Save them for your jambs and wheels ...then again to replace Ur wheels after scratching them, I would only use them for jambs...

Coastal Eddie
11-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Pretty expensive rags :rolleyes:

Sherman8r44
11-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Maybe it`s cuz I bought the old 16 pack of Eurows, but I thought the Costco MF`s really suck. I mean, the only MF`s I`ve ever bought have been Turtle Wax, Vroom, or Zwipes (Pepboys), so I`ve never even tried those premium ones. But I found that the Costco MF`s linted yellow fibers everywhere, and after washing a few times they were as stiff as cardboard. They soak up a lot of water, so the only use I have for them is drying wheels. I don`t care about the whole "rough edging" thing (I think the Vroom`s edging is fine), but the actual towels didn`t pass the CD test.

joyriide1113
11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
For someone who drives a BMW you should know better:no: :no:

U get what U pay for :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Save them for your jambs and wheels ...then again to replace Ur wheels after scratching them, I would only use them for jambs...

please read full post

"""i bought them for wheel, door jam, interior use. only thing stopping me from using it on my paint is the edging on the corners of the towels are sharp and i dont find it convinient to have to fold it around."""

:please find that i havent used them yet, and my opinions on these towels were based upon look feel, and maufacturing upon first opening...

conrad.maranan
11-07-2005, 12:46 PM
I just recently bought the same 20-pack of 16x16 yellow towels from Costco. I pulled one out of the bag as soon as I got home and tested it on a CD. The towel itself didn`t cause any scratching, but the edging did.

These towels will be put to engine, window, and interior duty. I just have to stick a Post-It Note on my forehead reminding me to fold the edges out when I wipe down the more sensitive areas.

I think they`re a great deal overall, and most people will find other uses for them around the house anyway. :)

joyriide1113
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I think they`re a great deal overall, and most people will find other uses for them around the house anyway. :)

i gave all the old 2nd hand towels to the cleaning lady. she loves mf`s and always ask me where she can get them or if she can borrow some."

Member0001
11-07-2005, 01:15 PM
haven`t tried the eurows yet, but the blue hometex mf`s from sams club work pretty good as well.

Miami_Sunset
11-07-2005, 01:26 PM
cheap towels are ment to be used on interior wheel wells. rims, and on :innocent: cheap people who dont tip. :arabia:

BlackSunshine
11-07-2005, 03:06 PM
cheap towels are ment to be used on interior wheel wells. rims, and on :innocent: cheap people who dont tip. :arabia:

Maybe this is why they don`t tip......... :biggrin:

The Uncle
11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I`m going to agree with everybody here. I have dozens of those Costco towels. I don`t find them that useful for most of the car. They lint to much to be used on glass, and there not soft enough to be used on metal. Of bigger concern to me is the way they wear and launder. They stain quick, never seem to get clean, and get stiff and brittle after a few washes.

But, they are great for door jams, wheel wells, etc. Also, as suggested above, I use them around the house all the time. I keep about 10 of them under my kitchen sink for wiping down the counters and cleaning the grout lines on my tiles.

joyriide1113
11-07-2005, 04:08 PM
again, lets make it clear. there were intentionally bought for wheels, jam, interior plastic, windows.
by my comment on them "being just as good for paint if it wasnt for the edging", was made based upon initial perception.

now back to responses

Anthony A
11-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I have many of the Sam`s club MF that come 18 to a pack and they are perfect for engine, door and trunk jambs, and wheels. They have never marred my wheels or jambs. It is a waste of money to purchase premium MF for these grungy areas. One use and they would be un suitable for any place else.

joyriide1113
11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I have many of the Sam`s club MF that come 18 to a pack and they are perfect for engine, door and trunk jambs, and wheels. They have never marred my wheels or jambs. It is a waste of money to purchase premium MF for these grungy areas. One use and they would be un suitable for any place else.

speaking of waste of money...

i havent used terry towels in the longest. i always have soo many "dinge" mf i use for dingy work, but until recently they started getting really torn, stained, ect so i wanted to get some new towels for work like that. i was at advance while picking up an octane treatment (during the hurricane the gas stations only sold 83 octane) and i grabbed a big wrap of terry towels. they seemed soft, looked plush, i thouhgt they would be great for buffing off excess on tires, engines, and wells. big mistake. they liNted sooo bad i had to spray the wheels and tires with the hose and dry all over again.