PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pressure washer

Hovy
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi guys,

I am looking for a good quality pressure washer. I intend to wash my cars and clean around the house. I heard a lot about Karcher but I am not sure if it`s the right choice: reliability? can you use it for a long time or just 15-20 minutes each time?

I was thinking more of something like this:

AR AR767 - Blue Clean Prosumer 1900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer (http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/AR-AR767/p2751.html)

But there again, I don`t know what to look for in terms of specs: PSI? GPM?

What do I need to know?

Thanks ahead of time for your inputs/feedback/opinion!

efnfast
06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
From what I gathered on my research, buy a quality gas powered one. The electric ones tend to be finicky at best, generally don`t have enough power to do much, blow circuit breakers, and are non serviceable because of the specialized (usually) plastic parts in them.

I`m using a electric b&s gas powered one - not the greatest unit in the world (it`s fairly decent though), but I`m glad I didn`t settle for an electric one

Hovy
06-08-2009, 07:57 PM
How`s something like this?

http://www.detailersdomain.com/ProductImages/acc/1500Ageneral.jpg

blackdogs2
06-19-2009, 03:27 AM
I recently (within last 30 days) purchased a Task Force brand 1600 psi unit from Lowes. It was an open box, regular $99 for $75. We`ve had good luck with an electric at work so I thought I`d give it a try. I was sure to keep the receipt, Ha!

I think it you have the right expectations you will be fine. I`m happy with mine. It is a good little machine. It was not intended to replace a quality, user serviceable gas powered machine. This one if fine for cleaning the car and trash cans and a multitude of small tasks. Fortunately my garage allows me to keep it at the ready so it`s a nice convenience feature and worth $100. For cleaning the house, sidewalks and driveway a gas powered in really necessary, IMO.

I use brass quick disconnects on all hoses and made sure to put one on the supply side of the unit because the plastic doesn`t look too reliable. Otherwise it`s been fine. The advantage it has over the gas model (for light duty) is that it is quiet and shuts off when you release the handle which I find very convenient.

Good luck.

02zx9r
06-19-2009, 06:52 AM
I have the Husky 1550 electric one I got at Home Depot couple years ago. I use it mostly for cleaning off my dirt bike and friends dirtbikes/quads.

One buddy I ride with used it to PW his house with no issues with the machine. I used it to PW off a fence, bought an hour straight of using it, no problems

Junebug
06-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Northern Tool has a decent electric one for about $450 - now, I know you can get a gas one cheaper, but this is 15 amp and has a good motor/pump - big step up in quality from the box stores. Anything bigger (electric wise) and you need a 20 amp circuit ( think CamSpray )