PDA

View Full Version : About to polish now

solekeeper
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey guys as you remember.. this is what My car looked like after 1st stage buffing.

3M perfect it-3000

O polished it over with another light compound today.. to take down the scratches a bit more.. and

finally tommorow I will apply` 3m`s ultrafine.. I couldn`t get the ultrafina.

(I do have the blue finishing pad it came with as well)

Any idea how the compound will face up against what I have pictured? (A lesser version btw.. as I mentioned I did polish again with another compound)

Anyone who has used this compound before please help and give and voice you can! Thank you!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r11/solekeeper/fender.jpg

solekeeper
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Anyone advice?

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I believe that Ultrafine is the new name for Ultrafina. Follow the directions on the bottle, and don`t polish it dry (as you noted in your other thread was the instruction).

solekeeper
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
that should be an interesting task, lol... I`m so used polishing to get it off..

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, instead of polishing it until it disappears or dusts away, stop while it`s still wet.

Disclaimer: I`ve never used Ultrafine/Ultrafina.

salty
06-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I believe that Ultrafine is the new name for Ultrafina. Follow the directions on the bottle, and don`t polish it dry (as you noted in your other thread was the instruction).

As Setec said, it is the same stuff and follow directions on the bottle.

As long as you cut down those holograms in the pics a bit more, it should work well. UF is very easy to use.